AKD Sound Mod v2.01

*COMPATIBLE WITH CMFI V1.00 AND CMBN V1.10/CMBN COMMONWEALTH FORCES MODULE*

The latest version of my sound mod is made specifically for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy v1.10 and the Commonwealth Forces module and for Combat Mission: Fortress Italy v1.00. If you are using the mod with CMBN and have not updated to version 1.10 or installed the Commonwealth Forces module, you will be missing a number of new firing sounds for small arms. This version of the Sound Mod is also not intended for use with any version of CM:SF or CM:A (use AKD Sound Mod v1.2 for these titles).

To install in CMBN, simply add "ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01.brz" to your "Data" or "Data\Z" folder in your root CMBN directory

To install in CMFI, add "ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01.brz" to your "UserData/Mods" folder in your "My Documents" Fortress Italy directory.

*A note on CM mod file structure: the .brz files are added to the game in alphanumeric order. If you want the sounds from another sound mod to be used over sounds in AKDSM, simply add the prefix "ZZ" to that mod's file/folder. If you wish to further customize AKDSM or mix with another sound mod, unpack the .brz files using the tools located in the "Mod Tools" folder in your root CM directory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents

ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01.brz - contains universal sounds like bullet hits, zips etc. and shots and explosions. Modules for distant shots, distant explosions, vehicle engines, background sounds, etc. may follow.

sounds modified:

firing sounds (small arms, cannon, launchers, mortars, etc.)

explosions

bullet hits

bullet penetrations

bullets "zips" (changed to "snaps")

collapse

reload

cannon shot trail

flames

garand ping

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available from the Battlefront Repository:

I will again attempt to upload to CMMODs, but past attempts have always resulted in failure messages. Perhaps it will be available there some day.

Only a tiny change to make it compatible with CMFI, so it was pretty much ready to go. Just figured I would upload as a complete mod in the CMFI section rather than deal with the confusion of patching the CMBN version and pointing people there.

Here is the link to the Repository download:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2205

Great, thanks! I consider your sound mod one of the must-haves. The only niggle I have is that atleast in 2.0 I think, the one for CMBN&CW, all the small explosions have this minor side sound to them that makes it sound like not an explosion. Hard to explain.

Keep up the good work!

Great, thanks! I consider your sound mod one of the must-haves. The only niggle I have is that atleast in 2.0 I think, the one for CMBN&CW, all the small explosions have this minor side sound to them that makes it sound like not an explosion. Hard to explain.

Keep up the good work!

It's a penetration sound...least that's what it reminds me of 'cause when ever I hear it I start looking for a knocked out vehicle.

Mord.

Hours and hours of testing. :) Generally they go from smallest explosive charge ("a") to largest ("o"). Some ordnance draws on multiple files to increase variety (e.g. medium mortars use "d," "e," and "f", IIRC), which is a huge pain from a modding perspective, in my opinion.

Starting a new thread was quite unnecessary. I am traveling (in Italy now, in fact) and was not able to respond. All sound mods are limited to modifying the sound files provided by Battlefront. Sound mods cannot alter which weapons are are assigned to which sound files.

For CMFI, Battlefront has provided a new sound file for 6.5mm Italian shared by the rifle and LMG. I don't remember which sound I plugged into this spot, but it was probably the German rifle sound. Most of the rifles in the mod sound very similar. This is intentional. The LMG always fires in bursts, so it sounds different on the CM battlefield.

Italian SMG and HMG, however, share a sound file with other weapons, so the mod cannot individually alter them.