Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

I did a test with all the objets 1 & 2 of the editor. I don't found all types of objets. (Like some carts). It's and stupid test. But it demostrates than an idiot like me can use the really good game editor:

- The kubelwagen can destroy all types of flavor objets. Except the ones in the picture.

- No matter if it crash with a small map full of those objets. The vehicle will not get the wheels damaged.

- Not boged during all test and passing over lots of this objets.

- All the objets destroyed "desintegrates"

- Heavy / medium vehicles can cross over the objets than the kubelwagen can not. But this objets don't get destroyed.

crashtest.jpg

Hope my stupid test helps someone or at least, take out a little smile

(note: the drivers were completly drunked with Jägermaister TM)

Regards :D

JorgeMC,

Nice pics! It also appears BFC has managed to eliminate the bizarre yoga posture prone positions we saw in SMSF. These look natural to me.

MikeyD,

There appears to be something seriously wrong with the proportions on Vencini's Mark IV. Too little engine deck and turret too far aft. It may be some sort of perceptual distortion, but something seems amiss here. Here's a 3-view of a Panzer IV/J for comparison.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints-depot-restricted/tanks/ww2-tanks-germany-1/panzer_iv_ausf_j-22589.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi John,

CM has a WIDE ANGLE function (alt C on my computer). This distorts the view near the camera, but allows a wider field of view overall. That is what you are seeing in Vencini's screen grab. Cool, eh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ya gotta love the little " fights within the fight" that happen in this game. It's the little stuff like Freyberg's excellent photo essay illustrates here that have kept me playing since CMBN.

Bang on, Splinty. Keep 'em comin', Freyberg!

I hope animated gifs are not annoying for you guys. Let me know if they are and I can delete the dropbox files.

Run Rabbit Run

I really wanted the last guy in this sequence to escape. But the predator doesn't let the prey escape.

ackack_anim_1.gif

Here is the predator. German 37mm flak. I've been playing with these in a scenario I'm trying to design. A horrible weapon against infantry.

ackack_anim_2.jpg

They can give a Sherman a nasty bloody nose - gun damage, immobilisation; they'll shred the optics and radio every time. This Stuart light tank thinks he can get an angle to apply some suppressing fire, but he gets to his smoke screen too late and is suddenly completely exposed.

It might just be 37mm, but the rate of fire makes this a totally different weapon from an ordinary 37mm.

ackack_anim_3.gif

The light tank doesn't stand a chance. multiple partial penetrations, stuff explodes and the crew is all killed.

ackack_anim_4.gif

• 2 weeks later...