Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

cm13.jpg

Sherman providing cover to my infantry:

cm15w.jpg

Do you have tactics and techniques when it comes to cleaning building with infantry? I always loose a lot of infantry when I have to capture towns/farms etc...

My infantry always get slaughtered when entering building with enemies inside.

cm13.jpg

Sherman providing cover to my infantry:

cm15w.jpg

Do you have tactics and techniques when it comes to cleaning building with infantry? I always loose a lot of infantry when I have to capture towns/farms etc...

If you have enough HE shells in your tanks, just keep on firing at the most important and/or heaviest occupied buidings untill they collapse. (If you don't see the enemy, use AREA FIRE.) It takes a while, but can do the job nicely.

If you do not have enough HE, don't attack untill you secured the area around the building and get enough troops who are not too tired. Giving covering fire (again, if you don't see them, use TARGET AREA) and attacking from at least two different sides should do the job.

Don't be like me, much too impatient, but take your time.

Have fun.

If you have enough HE shells in your tanks, just keep on firing at the most important and/or heaviest occupied buidings untill they collapse. (If you don't see the enemy, use AREA FIRE.) It takes a while, but can do the job nicely.

If you do not have enough HE, don't attack untill you secured the area around the building and get enough troops who are not too tired. Giving covering fire (again, if you don't see them, use TARGET AREA) and attacking from at least two different sides should do the job.

Don't be like me, much too impatient, but take your time.

Have fun.

Ok thanks! it always comes down to fire power superiority i guess. I'm also too impatient, which likely often lead me to rush infantry without setting proper bases of fire leading to the poor results i know.

I have a farm full of enemy to secure in the game I'm playing, perfect thing for practice!

If you use engineers to blow a new entrance into a house the units on the other side of the wall get pinned and slaughtered by the engineers. Works best when the wall you blow through has no windows. It is also a very good idea not to move along streets on the streets themselves with your infantry but to have engineers blow holes through adjunct buldings and move inside the buildings, from building to building.

Perfect time to practice. I went back in my fault of saved threads and found this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82927

Which is from the shock force forum but it is the seminal work on the subject :D

and this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=98630

Have fun practicing.

If you use engineers to blow a new entrance into a house the units on the other side of the wall get pinned and slaughtered by the engineers. Works best when the wall you blow through has no windows. It is also a very good idea not to move along streets on the streets themselves with your infantry but to have engineers blow holes through adjunct buldings and move inside the buildings, from building to building.

Ok thanks!I'll try that, I started a new game and this time I bought engineers

Perfect time to practice. I went back in my fault of saved threads and found this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82927

Which is from the shock force forum but it is the seminal work on the subject :D

and this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=98630

Have fun practicing.

Thanks for the links! interesting read, now I'll have to practice!

if my practice goes well, I'll post the screenshots here

Thanks for the advice all! had lots of fun practicing on how to use the engineers!

Random screens:

cmtest.jpg

cmtest3.jpg

My first kill ever with a bazooka team:

cmtest1.jpg

cmtest2.jpg

Not just Arabs. Happens in Afghanistan too. A lot. All warlords have their own little boys.

there's a documentary about that, search "the dancing boys of Afghanistan" by Najibullah Quraishi on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This happened a while back and I forgot to post it. I finally got an artillery kill on a tank. This was near the beginning of a Quick Battle that I ultimately lost :(. At least this part was fun.

My Forward Observer was high on a hill well hidden and spotted a Sherman in the valley. He called in 120mm artillery on the first Sherman he spotted. The Sherman stayed nice and still...

Here it is taking a direct hit

DirectHit.jpg

And after it was all over

QuietlyBurning.jpg

I shot video too:

• 2 weeks later...

Two GIs making their last stand. They were actually my opponents. My men were closing in on the town square but found their PzIVs could not enter. Since my infantry were in pretty bad shape they needed those tanks for support. The PzIVs pounded the outer buildings on two sides of the square and brought them down until they could bring their guns to bear on the inner buildings. The GIs almost held.

CMFILastStandSm.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is actually a historically acurate italian tactic. The idea is to use the smoke of the burning tanks to provide visual cover for the retrating tank crews and to destroy the advancing enemy troops by forcing them to inhale said smoke wich causes cancer 30 years later! "Viva la muerte!" - "Long live death!", as the spanish facsists used to say.