Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Can you get rid of the turret spaced armour on the Pz.IIIs.....I don't recall ever seeing it fitted to Pz. IIIs in North Africa.

yes, I already did, the youtube video shown above seems to have not used the complete set of vehicle mods that I have in my goodybox...

No big deal to me...it is one of those things with mods and downloads, it all gets crazy and complicated. 

8 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

No big deal to me...it is one of those things with mods and downloads, it all gets crazy and complicated.

Are you sure?

I see no PzIIIM model swaps or alpha'ed out bitmaps in the goody box... unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

6 hours ago, 37mm said:

I see no PzIIIM model swaps or alpha'ed out bitmaps in the goody box... unless I'm looking in the wrong place..

I am not perfect and will go check! 🙂

OK, I checked and YES there are some various pzIIIM and N alpha layer transparent skirts in there with modtags to try and cover for what I call early afrika and late afrika periods based on CMFI gamecode and scenario dates, link below. It is always possible with mods that a player can have additional bmp's in their z that then are sneaky and show up to make a modder look like an inept loser! 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9woivujpjogpdbz/AADZFnRKc-zll7qmgmC3LmN6a?dl=0

@37mm

I really appreciated the time you took with the cuts and edits to your youtube gameplay video. I watched the ENTIRE thing and loved some mods you must have that looked awesome, the red hard ground? If you say "they are YOUR stuff!" then that means my settings or system is just subpar to squeeze out the visual nectar from the mod. A sad but true possibility. I didn't see my British AFV mod show up, yours looked like the stock one. Maybe I will PM you and see what gorgeous PC you sit behind to get those visuals. Not what I see when I play.  sob sob sob 😞

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

The terrain is from the Syrian 'All in One' & just retagged [afrika]... it's mostly a reworked mix of Kieme's CMSF terrain & AD Seinfelds NTC terrain.

The other thing I use is reshade & that really helps make CM appear brighter... a particular boon for desert warfare!

I'll have a look at those alpha channel mods. The Churchill was sandy coloured, weathered & also tagged [afrika].

I've pretty much added all the weathered vehicle mods I can... so i'll probably reupload the new 'All in One' next week.

30 minutes ago, 37mm said:

reshade

I guess I should enter the 21st century and figure out what that reshade stuff is all about. My only excuse is I got involved with my own stuff and neglected to give it a study and try it. I guess I better get this Syrian "All in One" too. I always tried to switch and change terrain to get the best look in my desert maps but missed all that not owning CMSF/CMSF2. 

33 minutes ago, 37mm said:

The Churchill was sandy coloured, weathered & also tagged [afrika].

hmmm. I did make some changes to the stock but can't say I weathered it. I have no idea what bmp is there in your footage. It has the yellow diamond of the stock Churchill i and I changed that to red diamond so something is going on with my modtags maybe. I need to probably make sure I have both [afrika] and [afrika mainland] versions for everything. 

35 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

hmmm. I did make some changes to the stock but can't say I weathered it. I have no idea what bmp is there in your footage. It has the yellow diamond of the stock Churchill i and I changed that to red diamond so something is going on with my modtags maybe. I need to probably make sure I have both [afrika] and [afrika mainland] versions for everything. 

I've recoloured some of the Aris textures for [afrika]... although his Sicily stuff is perfectly acceptable.

As long as [afrika] scenarios are set during July or August you should be fine ignoring [mainland afrika].

53 minutes ago, 37mm said:

As long as [afrika] scenarios are set during July or August you should be fine ignoring [mainland afrika].

I guess I have scenarios outside that timeframe. I fiddle with the dates to purchase what I want and maybe forget to change the date back. Oh well, I am actually headed to CMRT Barbarossa soon so my [afrika] work will take a backburner for a while!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently completed the "Operation Encore" campaign. Loved it. Here's some choice shots:

jR6GsAO.png

BYkyEV9.png

z9wmamH.png

G5Sous3.png

I compiled all my experiences into a very brief, very general overview for my blog. You can read about it here: https://rinaldiaars.blogspot.com/2022/02/combat-mission-fortress-italys.html. I've also included a link to the full gallery of all the screens. It should go without saying but, obviously, spoilers!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...