Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

MikeyD,

They're still finding Red Devils (thrown and also fired from the Brixia, I believe) in North Africa--still live! As for fava beans, don't forget the Chianti!

Mord,

With you on that! I've seen AFV models in competitions that didn't look anywhere nearly as good. Bravo, Marco!

That trench looks awfully shallow to me.

Regards,

John Kettler

John Kettler, the trench is shallow due to technical limitations. The trench is placed above the ground so it doesn't deform the terrain mesh. Thus it cannot be made very deep or it would look extremely out of place and it would also require a new set of infantry animations. It makes the game run a lot faster and simplifies the FOW aspect of things.

What I hope is that trenches and foxholes incur a hidden abstracted cover bonus, since the pixeltruppen expose far more of their vulnerable fleshy bits than is advisable due to the animations.

Did CMFI give you Italian Cypress trees (you know, the ones like this):

cypresses.jpg

Next to vineyards, it's probably the most essential foliage/veg object for a proper Mediterranean environment (more than cactuses or palm trees, and for olive trees the "D" tree would be fine already).

Isn't that the road to Maximus Decimus Meridius farm?

What I hope is that trenches and foxholes incur a hidden abstracted cover bonus, since the pixeltruppen expose far more of their vulnerable fleshy bits than is advisable due to the animations.

I believe a bonus is applied. A kneeling shooter in the open will take a hit long before a kneeling shooter in a foxhole or trench. This is true even though they're the same number of pixels high.

I've machine-gunned cowering troops in foxholes for 10 turns or more, only to see later that I did them no harm while they were crouching down.

LOL very nice first post, excellent shots - setting the bar kind of high. ;)

Let's just say I'm a long-time lurker :P

CMFI is really very photogenic, but I had to struggle with avoiding ugly shadows. Hopefully the patch will fix these :)

And there should be a key to just turn off all UI elements...