Demo?

• 3 weeks later...

Two whole weeks - oh!!!! the exquisite agony.

I'll buy the Italian stuff when the commonwealth module chips in - saving for the next Normandy module at the minute, but want to experience a bit sun amongst the vines and olives.

(Well - when I say saving, me and my eldest are 'positioning' the purchase of "another one of those bloody computer games" to my wonderful better half);)

This is one of the downsides of electronic distribution. Back in "the old days" of physical product only it would take about 2-3 weeks from the time the game was finished until it was ready to ship. About another week until people got it in the mail. That 3 week window gave us just about enough time to get a Demo ready for posting.

Now, with digital releases, people who preordered the game were able to start playing it within 1 hour of us completing it. Literally (still makes my head spin!!). That doesn't give us much time to get a demo ready :D The other alternative, which is to artificially hold up the game's release until the demo is complete, isn't a good idea for anybody.

The good news is we've already done some of the work to make the Demo EXE ahead of shipping the full game, so we hope to have it out soon. But for sure not this coming week.

Steve

(Well - when I say saving, me and my eldest are 'positioning' the purchase of "another one of those bloody computer games" to my wonderful better half);)

The endless reconnaissance and tactical analysis required to edge ones better half into the appropriate conducive mindframe and when that moment arrives selecting the correct method.

Do I strike quickly and make the purchase before the window slams shut.

Perhaps a more subtle approach.

Of course the eldest can distract while you flank,or a double envelopment perhaps.

A game in itself :)

This is one of the downsides of electronic distribution. Back in "the old days" of physical product only it would take about 2-3 weeks from the time the game was finished until it was ready to ship. About another week until people got it in the mail. That 3 week window gave us just about enough time to get a Demo ready for posting.

Steve

Will the demo be available on the cover CD of any game magazines? It takes ages to download on my 14 kilobaud modem.

• 2 weeks later...