Quick Mod please? (Unit Bases)

I've been looking for a while now because I was sure someone had done this, but no luck. For screenshot purposes while still having a unit's selected and data showing but without the giant flourescent green disc... I was hoping that someone could make me a "base green.bmp" that is entirely a transparent/ alpha layer. SHOULD be simple, but I can't seem to get it done with any software I have. I guess I can then rename it the the other three markers and also use it in CMBN.

I figured it was a simple pink like in CMx1... but it appears not.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Thank you anyway. Paint Shop Pro 8 (have) can do them, but I can't figure it out. The software is about as user friendly as a nuclear reactor. I've spent two days trying to get it without luck. Maybe someone will read this that can do it for me?

Yeah, I use Adobe Elements 2 and I am at the very end of the envelope of what I can do with it. As far as doing anything fancier than erasing and using layers I am screwed.

Mord.

Problem solved. I have no idea how to do alpha channels, but someone else made a mod to make the health symbol thingie on death/wounded invisible, so I just took that, made some copies and renamed them to replace the bases.

At first I was just doing it to help you out, but then when I tried it out in the game I found the effect very immersive, I might be playing with it from now on. You suddenly realize how "video gamey" the glowing bases are, and without them a subtle amount of extra realism is added. It will work for CMBN/CMSF/CMA for anyone interested.

Anyway, here you go. First time I've done a Dropbox link like that, let me know if it isn't working.

Thanks. I opened the discussion in the correct mods forum and someone suggested GIMP2, which I downloaded. After some work figuring out the programisms I got it worked out. It works in SF and BN. Wish I had figured out the cross thingie, that would have been much easier! Anyway, I unploaded them to the SF mods repository with some batch files for easy switching of the game files in and out. Glad you liked my idea. I did play a game with no icons and no discs. It was pretty cool, but the lines are still there. Looked neat though. Just bought the SF 3 module bundle. Time for some fun! :)