88mm spotters and fireing time

Hey guys, if this has been addressed before I appoligize but I did not see it. I'm in a PBEM game right now and have come acrost a problem I have noticed before. Was hopping someone could tell me if this is a problem that will be fixed, or what. I have an 88mm spotter and I got him all set up in a PREMO spot in "chance encounter" I had him all set up to lob some rounds in on some NME infantry when I relized he actually had a decent LOS on several enemys. I clicked on the "traget" icon to get a targetting cursor to check the line of sight on various targets. As soon as I did this my time to fire changed from 23 sec. to 1 min. frown.gif as I clicked on the various possible targets the time chaged for each one untill it got up to a full 2 min. for fireing time. Finnaly I decided to go with the original target and when I set it up back on the original target the time to fire remained at 2 min. frown.gif Now just cause I wanted to see what other possibilities my 88mm spotter guy had to him. Rather then having a fireing time of 23 sec. I have a firing time of 2 min. frown.gif the guys I am firing on wont even be there in 2 game minutes frown.gif I could see the time changing if I hit "go" and changed targets, but IMHO I should not be penalized for just looking at my options.

------------------

Brucifer

Not a bug. Check your LOS with the LOS tool provided on your orders menu.

For FO's the TOT will change upwards depending on how far you click away from your initial target location. Each time you click on a target location like this, it represents the FO sending a radio message to his Battery, thus they have to calculate a new firing solution. So when you go back to the original target location, you can't start from where you began, they have to re-calculate.

Does that help?

Hmmm well actually I have never used the LOS icon, never used it before cause I dident relize A) that it was there!! <G> and B) cause I dident know it would screw things up, I just assumed that as long as I was doing it all on the same turn that it dident really change anything till I hit "go" I do understand what you all are saying about having to recalculate fireing ranges and things like that. I just dident think it took effect till after you hit the "go" button, at least that was my logic. Thanks for the help though!

------------------

Brucifer

Guest PeterNZ

When you screw up like that..

close the program and reopen the turn so you don't have to wait a full 2 more minutes for the barrage to start smile.gif

i've done that before to see if retargeting is worth the wait. ie. retargetted, gone '1 minute is too much', then closed and reoppened the file. or 'i can wait another 20 seconds' and gone with it.

PeterNZ