I miss Fallschirmjagers

No FJ in the base release. They only fought the Commonwealth troops in Sicily, and there's no Commonwealth in the base release, thus no FJ. They'll be in a future module. I can't imagine doing Cassino or any of that area without them.

I believe Steve (or somebody) stated that Fallschirmjagers primarily fought against the Brits in Sicily which means they''d be inappropriate fighting US in the opening title. They'll of course appear on the mainland as the title expands. How could you do Cassino battles otherwise?

The reason am beating a dead horse about the Poles was that someone mentioned "we have to have Fallshirms cos of Monte Cassino" but no one seems to care that it was the Poles who beat up the Fallshirms to TAKE Monte Cassino, so would be as essential to have in the game as the Fallshirms.

The reason am beating a dead horse about the Poles was that someone mentioned "we have to have Fallshirms cos of Monte Cassino" but no one seems to care that it was the Poles who beat up the Fallshirms to TAKE Monte Cassino, so would be as essential to have in the game as the Fallshirms.

The subject of the conversation is also FJ. Do I need to provide a disclaimer that when I mention some unit/force/equipment/ice cream flavor that I'm not mentioning it to the exclusion of all others?

so would be as essential to have in the game as the Fallshirms.

They were in CMBO, CMAK and CMBN so I imagine they'll be in CMFI as well. It's almost a given seeing they've already made an appearance in CMX2 already. FJ hasn't, hence the OP's worry.

Mord.

Not to worry, as I'm pretty sure the Poles will make an appearance with the 8th Army module.

Right. Here's the score by the way for all Combat Mission games and modules released so far:

Germans 5

US 4

Poles 4

Brits 4

Canadians 4

French 2

Soviets 2

Italians 2

Finns 1

Rumanians 1

Hungarians 1

Dutch 1

Australians 1

New Zelanders 1

South Africans 1

Syrians 1

Afghanis 1

So the Poles as you see are right there at the top of the World Cup standings.

They are in the CW module but CMBN is the title so I just went with that. Couldn't have the CW module without the main title. Don't make me hide your teeth, old man!

Mord.

Right. Here's the score by the way for all Combat Mission games and modules released so far:

US 4

Are you sure about this? I get

CMBO

CMBB

CMAK

CMSF

CMSF:USMC

CMSF:UK (the US, uh, that light truck bn)

CMSF:NATO

CM Afghanistan

CMBN

CMFI

So that's 7 (or 6 if you exclude the CMSF:UK module because US wasn't the main focus, 5 if you exclude CMFI because it hasn't been released yet)