Allied AAR: Clearing the Niscemi Highway

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

I see at the second photo of Normal Dude the User Interface has new desings. For example, the demo charges with a number.

Is there in the new engine game, another graphicals news?

But, by the other hand, the weapons don't have desing and no ranges.

I think that the weapons range and drawing, from Marco Bergman is one of the most useful mods to play the game.

Will you please, Battlefront will include the graphics and the weapon's range in the future?

Thanks for answers. Sorry for my english : -S

Regards

Good eyes :) Yes, this is a new feature in Version 2.0. Special Equipment icons are now twice as large as they were. When there is more than one a number appears within the icon boundaries to show how many there are. The larger icon size gives the artist more room to play with and that in turn makes it easier to describe the item visually. Plus, it looks nicer :D

Steve

Good eyes :) Yes, this is a new feature in Version 2.0. Special Equipment icons are now twice as large as they were. When there is more than one a number appears within the icon boundaries to show how many there are. The larger icon size gives the artist more room to play with and that in turn makes it easier to describe the item visually. Plus, it looks nicer :D

Steve

Yes. I like this. It looks nicer. And instead of filling the space with all AT warheads or satchels, etc., there is a number. Much more efficient. I like the new (slightly) look too.

Judging by the Team Leader's name, this is likely going to be a close shave!

Steve

*Bdum bum, tsssss*

He'll be here all night. Dont forget to tip your waitress...

:rolleyes:

Back to work you! :P

:D

At last a WW2 game that allows players access to the armor detecting moustache used by the US, it was called the "Fairbanks" by the men, and although it was a rarity in the Mediterranean theatre, there is documented evidence of it's use in Sicily, congrats BF on your painstaking research.

GillettesMoustache.jpg

From what i can gather it vibrated when enemy tanks were near, however in CMFI it looks like the icon lights up to simulate that, which is fine with me.

TURN 13

With everyone else in the pack howitzer crew incapacitated, one loader steps up to the challenge and continues to man the gun by himself, getting off three shots before falling to a well-placed bullet. In the main skirmish at the map center, I am still way better off than Bil's Italians, taking only a couple of casualties this turn while I pump rounds into his force at the Orchard objective.

Meanwhile, happy news in the woods!. My demolition team runs out to attack the Renault, but it speeds past them into open ground. Then the second Renault comes barreling by, missing the team by mere feet! The Renault is buttoned-up and consequently does not see them. The quick-thinking paras lob a demolition charge at it and stop it in its tracks. When the crew bails out one is cut down with point-blank fire, while the other, shielded by his tank, runs like hell to the protection of the other tank... which turns out to be a doomed enterprise, because the other tank, continuing south with a mind to flank the villa, is stopped dead by a well-placed HEAT round in the rear hull from my second pack howitzer. Flank penetration: destroyed.

score1f.jpg

score2h.jpg

amm bearers can man a gun? Is that new or did I just have that one go right over my head?

and congrats on the demo charge. Always very cool to see potential moves in the game, though in my case the guy with the demo charge would have tripped and blown up both members of the team. Or as a parent in a soccer game my friend's kid was in would say "Team! T-E-M Team!" God help us . . and we have guys overseas apologizing for their English using it as a second language.

TURN 14

Pretty much another shoot-out. The Italians are still stopped cold, and although firing back, they are not hitting my men and I am hitting them. Bil is pretty much stopped until he gets his Luftwaffe reinforcements, although his Italians did manage to take the Orchards objective. The Renaults must be out of canister ammo, because they are now using HE rounds, but with their slow rate of fire and wimpy 37mm guns, they aren't doing much to infantry in good cover.

Of the destroyed pack howitzer, I've got three ammo bearers still alive. I'm getting them to first aid the rest of the crew, so that I can grab the rest of their ammo and move them to the other pack howitzer.

The second stricken Renault on the flank, hit in the rear by the pack howitzer, finally bails. Two Renaults finished over there, Still two more in the orchards that I can see, but they don't dare move closer, or they will be in bazooka range.

sitrep.jpg

Immediately leaping onto an innocent phrase ...

... I'm getting them to first aid the rest of the crew, so that I can grab the rest of their ammo and move them to the other pack howitzer.

Does this mean that the "disappearing ammo" bug is fixed ? ie. when mortar/shreck/bazooka etc. rounds vanish when you buddy-aid the guy who was carrying it ?

TURN 15

TURN 15

A few of Bil's Italian troops begin to break and run. I'd dare say the defense has succeeded! For now...

I've received reinforcements. One M4 Sherman, two T30 HMC assaults guns with halftrack-mounted HQ team,a forward observer with one battery of 105mm artillery, a platoon of leg infantry, and two MMGs. The T30s are a half track mounting a M1A1 howitzer, the same as my paratroopers have. They have a lot more HEAT rounds though, so they should make short work of the remaining Renaults.

I'm going to send the FO and the MMGs to the top floor of the villa, as well as both of the T30s to the hill to provide overwatch fire. The Sherman and platoon of infantry I will use for a counter attack to wipe the pinned Italian force out.

reinforcementsi.jpg

turn15sitrep.jpg

TURN 16

Remember that pair of Renaults that tried to flank me, and then one was close assaulted and destroyed, while the other was KO'd by a HEAT round? Well it turns out that the second one WASN'T KO'd because it starts moving again... right in front of my paratrooper demolition team! I'd sent them over to check for and take care of survivors. When the Renault starts moving they throw two satchel charges directly on the poor bugger... I don't think it is going to move again.

renaultxa.jpg

My reinforcements spend the turn moving to their positions.

I see that Bil has received reinforcements as well. I see German Luftwaffe troops moving about on the hill! I'm going to continue sending my infantry platoon up the to the Orchards objective. They will sit on the southern reverse slope, impeding any attempts by Bil to send his reinforcements towards the Villa. The Sherman, however, I am going to pull back to the wooded hill in the south. From there it should be able to fire on Axis troops travelling down the crest and southern slope of the hill.