Battlefront.com hits the front pages.

Guest John Maragoudakis

Guest John Maragoudakis

Here's an article about the new site from :

http://www.cdmag.com/Home/

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Wargame Designers Unite by Scott Udell Posted 05/06/1999

Recent years have been hard on wargame developers. With the growth of the industry, and the increasing costs of development, publishers willing to carry wargames have grown scarcer and scarcer, and those that still do only do a couple a year or only focus on big-name titles. What are the small design houses or independent developers to do? Well, form their own publishing arm is one answer, and that’s just what one group has done.

Called Battlefront.com, this Internet-based publishing business will carry wares from developers Big Time Software, Art of War Publishing, Frontal Assaultware, Major I.L. Holdridge, and Boku Strategy games. Their line up will consist of some existing titles (Flight Commander II, Achutung Spitfire, and Over the Reich, all Big Time titles formerly published by Avalon Hill, and Frontal Assaultware’s older Onslaught), some relatively new titles available now (Art of War’s Dragoon: The Complete Battles of Frederick the Great), and future titles from all of these developers (including Big Time’s Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, Holdridge’s TacOps Classic 2.0, and Boku’s Armies of Armageddon, a sci-fi strategy/wargame). They’ll also be publishing or distributing non-game items, including Holdridge’s Military Reference Library Vol. I (a complete collection of Army Field Manuals and other documents on CD-ROM) and a series of World War II tank prints.

In addition to acting as an Internet storefront for their titles, they aim to make their web site, www.battlefront.com, a home for wargamers on the ‘net. They’ll have forums for wargamers, and will post a variety of militaria (to include “a virtual ‘closet’ of camoflage uniforms, pictures from famous military museums, and video clips from live machine gun and flamethrower shooting events).

The new venture is headed by Stephen Grammont and Charles Moylan. Grammont, president, was the creator of Onslaught and worked for Sierra’s Impressions division where he was producer on Civil War Generals 2 and managed QA work on other titles (like Lords of the Realm II). Moylan, who will act as the company’s Vice President, is president of Big Time Software, was creator of all of their titles for Avalon Hill, and is the driving force behind Combat Mission, a 3D, tactical, turn-based wargame set in World War II.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest John Maragoudakis

Glad to here that Holdridge’s TacOps Classic 2.0 has a publisher now.

Will Boku’s Armies of Armageddon have the same turn system like CM? A sci fi resourced based strategy wargame with CM turn system and I'm ready to retire and play games all day long. smile.gif

Guest John Maragoudakis

Ooops, I see that Boku also has a forum for thier game. I'll post that question there.