New Vehicles - Elefant ?

They haven't released any equipment lists yet. They only mentioned a few vehicles as an example. If the Ferd is in on the first release they are probably saving it for a surprise/money shot. If it's not I am sure it'll show up in one of the modules.

Mord.

Yeah, I am already digging the weird looking Italian stuff. The stranger the AFV the more I seem to like them.

Mord.

Just wait till you see some of the older Italian vehicles... I anticipate someone attempting a World War One mod using the Italians as a basis.

Ferdinand wasn't in Sicily, and the first release covers Operation Husky. I don't think it makes an appearance in Italy until... Feb 44 I think, off the top of my head.

Oops! My face is red. I thought game was Sicily plus mainland. Hah, I ordered it but would order it in any event as I love the play in CM.

These 'limited titles' are starting to push 4 gigs a pop. Simply extending the title by a month would've fielded so many new vehicles that the initial release would've become unmanagable. I believe the current US vehicle camou scheme is Sicily only. Step onto the mainland and a whole new set of Sherman skins will be required. :)

I believe the current US vehicle camou scheme is Sicily only. Step onto the mainland and a whole new set of Sherman skins will be required. :)

That's very cool. One of those eye for detail, sorta things.

Mord.

These 'limited titles' are starting to push 4 gigs a pop. Simply extending the title by a month would've fielded so many new vehicles that the initial release would've become unmanagable. I believe the current US vehicle camou scheme is Sicily only. Step onto the mainland and a whole new set of Sherman skins will be required. :)

To echo this... we originally had planned on taking in some of the mainland fighting. But once we cross onto the toe of the boot, all Hell breaks loose in terms of TO&E. There's only so much we can do for a single release for both development (elapsed time and distraction from other things) and a business standpoint (we could do the whole war in one release, but who would pay $3000 for it? ;)).

The first thought we had was to cut the Italians. From a conceptual standpoint that's a tough sell. Like doing the Eastern Front with only Axis Minors vs. Soviets. OK, not that crazy... but still not really sensible. Plus, it's hard to conceive of a battle for the Sicilian portion of the game without the Italians.

And that brought us to where we are now. Which is plenty of game content, but only a slice of the big pie. That's the standard for all CMx2 games anyway :D

Steve