Pre-order: a request

Let me start by saying I am very happy to see your announcement and I plan to order ASAP. So here is my request.

Make it possible to pre-order download only. Please.

I have no desire to have anything mailed nor do I need CDs but I do want to play the game as soon as it is ready to go. When the CW module was released only those who pre-ordered could download right away. Which is fair enough - they paid money for the privilege. The thing is *I* want to pay money for the privilege but I do not want anything mailed to me. So, BFC while there is still time please make it possible to pre-order download only.

• 2 weeks later...

Humm I was certain I read a week between the pre-order users got theirs and when it would be opened up to the rest of us. But I could not find such a post.

The lag time was up to 36 hours - as posted by Moon:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1345407&postcount=22

I must have been channeling Krik and heard Spock's (I mean Moon's) 36 hours as a week:D

I am just asking is to pay money to come to the party on time, like those that want disks can.

Pre-orders are for the purpose of letting BFC know how many discs and manuals they should order for the first patch<sip>

Oh I totally get that. All I want is to give them money so I can download it when it is released. Not, after a delay. I will not mess up their count of who wants a disk because I am hoping they will add an option to pre-order but download only:)

Just a request.

Nope, with the CW module the pre-order people got access to the download before the rest of us. Initially the word was it would be days before they opened it up to everyone. It was painful. In the end it did not take days but...

Indeed. And reminiscent of the scene at the beginning of Terminator 2 when it appeared that the Cyborg/Schwarznegger was actually going to execute Sarah Connor in that, uh, room.... But he didn't. ;)

• 3 weeks later...