CM: Fortress Italy - Alpha Teaser !!

Enjoy!

Game Information:

Fortress Italy is a new "family" of Combat Mission games covering the Allied struggle to knock Italy out of the Second World War. This initial release deals explicitly with the battle for Sicily and sets the groundwork for future additions to simulate the hard fighting in the rugged terrain of "Europe's underbelly" up until the war's end in 1945.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=295&Itemid=509

and what lots of you have been waiting for:

But wait, we didn't come to the best part yet... Fortress Italy features more than just a new setting and new units. It is also the first Combat Mission game to be upgraded with our CMx2 engine Version 2.0 features!:

•Moveable Waypoints

•Target Armor Arc Command

•Expanded Floating Icon Categories

•"Fog of War" Floating Icons

•2D Editor Map Overlay

•Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

•Camera Jump to Groups

•Target Briefly Command

•New Rendering Shaders

•Bump and Normal Mapping

•Improved Framerates

•Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

•...and more!

And even better!:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=104855

Already I see a problem. Devotees of Willie and Joe in Mauldin's "Up Front" know Italian foxholes are horizontal NOT vertical, because of the steepness of the terrain.

Love the list of new features and am glad to see some favorites from CMx1, the absence of which has sorely tried my patience, Cover Armor Arc and draggable waypoints. Thrilled that new features will be incorporable into CMBN, if I understood what was said elsewhere correctly.

Regards,

John Kettler

I'm very glad that cover armor arc and moveable waypoints will get into the game, among other improvements of and fine-tuning of existing features (I hope) :). But what made me really positively surprised was that those improvements will be available for CMBN, not only for new titles ! That's very good news for me, as I'm not interested in every theather (mainly in Normandy and EASTERN FRONT !!) and I'm not going to buy Italy - and I will still be able to enjoy the engine and interface improvements in the game I already have. It's really great - that they don't left out players that already has bought the game.

That's really something, thanks BF :). I hope engine improvement patch (CMBN 2.0) will be priced reasonably, so after upgrading the game I can still afford some future modules too :).

Already I see a problem. Devotees of Willie and Joe in Mauldin's "Up Front" know Italian foxholes are horizontal NOT vertical, because of the steepness of the terrain.

You just reminded me that my favorite Willie & Joe cartoon has them both crouched in their foxhole with a huge German AFV parked right on top of them. Joe is whispering into his handy-talky (presumably to the artillery guy), "I've got a target for ya, but you're gonna hafta wait."

:D

Michael