The Road Ahead

I'll bet we get MG about a month after it goes up for pre-order, and it will go up for pre-order a couple of weeks after the first official preview shots appear. July is too early--I guess August.

You make a good case. Except that pre-orders have been opened about six weeks before release? So that would push it back to the middle of September at the earliest.

Then perhaps Bulge for Christmas?

Depends on how far along the work is now and how smoothly it will go in the last stages. That is pretty much a given. Considering that it will be the base game for a new family, BFC may be introducing some basic changes in the game system that will take some time to perfect.

Michael

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, screaming with fear..

The nightmare: Bf announced that they still decided to cancel Market Garden.

They won't cancel it. Dutch reports of Panzers in the area are completely unsubstantiated.

Damn Emrys is it that good? I really liked the first two and now am tempted to somehow accumulate the money to get the third. I had hoped that since I had read so much more on NWE I could pass on it without wondering what I missed.. =/

So borrow the library's copy and read that. Then you can decide if you want to have your own copy that you can underline and scribble marginal notes in. You should know by now that what he writes is mostly anecdotal, but well-larded with interesting statistics here and there. If I get motivated enough, I may post a paragraph or two about the battle for Aachen, which contains some useful tips for those of you who are fans of urban warfare and bunker busting.

Michael

• 3 months later...
Combat Mission fans have a lot to look forward to in the next year as the CMx2 game engine continues to produce games at an every faster pace. At the moment we have three games in active development and more planned. While we aren't in a position to make detailed announcements right now, we can tell you what the three are about (in no particular order):

1. CM: Battle for Normandy Module 2. This Module picks up where CM:BN and Commonwealth left off... with the September push out of France to the German border. The content centers around Operation Market Garden, though it covers more ground than just that. The game includes a number of new vehicles, formations, and new terrain models/textures. Adding new terrain, a first for any Module so far, ensures that you feel like you're fighting near Germany and not still back at the beacheads.

2. CM: Eastern Front 1. The first of four Eastern Front "families" starts with Operation Bagration (June 1944) and eventually covers through to the end of the war (May 1945). For many tactical warfare enthusiasts, this period is considered the most tactically interesting since both sides were at their peak of their military technology, organization, and experience. The scope and scale of the combat offers plenty of subject matter to explore.

3. CM: Shock Force 2. Our return to modern warfare is long overdue! Given how close Shock Force 1 was at predicting a conventional conflict in Syria, we're a little nervous about choosing a topic this time around. Especially because we've chosen to simulate a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine. This gives players a rich tactical environment to explore with the most advanced militaries the world has ever seen. Having said that, we hope the politicians aren't insane enough to try it for real. Even thought this is great stuff for a game, it's the last thing this world needs in real life.

We have more games planned for 2013, however we are making no formal announcements at this time. These three mini-announcements should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

This information was posted 15 months ago. What are your current estimates for releasing the Eastern Front and CMSF2? Obviously, any estimate is subject to change, so just wondering if you will provide an updated general timeframe? Additionally, what are your release projections for the first Pack?

• 1 month later...
The Eastern Front game or the Return to Modern Warfare game?

I think Steve is scheduling it as a 'horse race' and he'll release whichever gets finished first first. This isn't the first time that BFC has tackled two projects concurrently. This may not even be the first time they attempt two new titles concurrently. I vaguely recall there being some overlap between CMBN basegame and CM:Afghanistan, though CM:A won that race by a wide margin. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3. CM: Shock Force 2. Our return to modern warfare is long overdue! Given how close Shock Force 1 was at predicting a conventional conflict in Syria, we're a little nervous about choosing a topic this time around. Especially because we've chosen to simulate a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine. This gives players a rich tactical environment to explore with the most advanced militaries the world has ever seen. Having said that, we hope the politicians aren't insane enough to try it for real. Even thought this is great stuff for a game, it's the last thing this world needs in real life.
I would have prefered to see your predictions far away from reallity...

May I propose to switch the scenario of CMSF II to something more exotic. Shall we say the invasion of Pitcairn Islands?

• 7 months later...