The Road Ahead

Lived in Germany for 3.5 years with the USAF.

There is a Reason the Germans have started

so many Wars in an attempt to get the Hell

out of there. Sun goes down in September

not be seen for 6 months. Cant imagine how

much fun it is in Russia.....

Was hinting at a possible winter release was all..

I also lived in Germany for 2 years with the USAF. Did you also notice that the Germans do not throw garbage and cigerette butts alongside the roadways? That they do not have vacant and abandoned buildings/slums in all their inner cities like we do in America?

The kind of self rightious IGNORANCE of your post is the reason people hate Americans.

I would take the clean, rich culture and rolling hills of the Rhinlandphalz region anyday, over a sweltering aligator infested swamp, Hurricane magnet state.

We are an International community here. So you might not want to spout things off like your above post in the future.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Sgt Hil's talking about climate and not culture. You should see what my fellow Americans say about where I live! It's a lot less balanced ;) I find that people from warmer parts of the country can not conceive of living in a place that freezes in the winter. Not to mention sometimes having a daytime air temp of -15f, without wind factored in. I don't mind at all. In fact, I prefer it since otherwise we'd be as overrun with people, cars, and strip malls as Florida ;)

And to prove my point, I was in Florida a few months ago and was reminded that I would rather be staked through the heart with a rusty spike than live there. 95 degrees the entire time I was there, a foot of rain in one day, and humidity that made me think I was breathing under water. Although watching a stack of restaurant patio chairs (10 of 'em) move on their own by the wind was entertaining. Mostly because we were inside and dry. The people that had been sitting on those chairs, and were now soaking wet and crammed in standing room only in the restaurant, probably had a different opinion.

Each to his own :D And that's why it is a good idea to not slam someone else's home turf. There is no one ideal place to live for everybody. Thankfully!

Steve

P.S. I love central and southern Germany. Not sure about North since I haven't been there, but I'm a mountain/forest type so it probably isn't my cup of tea.

Yes, it would be more impressive if they gave some details of the game. Is is RT only? Is it 3rd person view like Company of Heroes and that genre? Can one command individual units etc etc. Otherwise it's just another of the many pretty-looking pieces of garbage that are released every year which are soon forgotten.

Wargame belongs to a completely different genre. It's not the type of game where you carefully position your anti-tank gun into a keyhole position or use dips in the ground to crawl your infantry to assault positions, though it is more realistic in approach than most RTS games. Here's a gameplay video from Wargame European Escalation:

http://youtu.be/-Q8u5jlU6ac

Battlefront, get your arses in gear you just got some stiff competition next gaming year.

Why next year? It came out in February of this year, didn't it?

Anyway, it is a gorgeous game that looks to be better than the average RTS, but it still is an RTS to it's very core. Not our audience's cup of tea even if we felt like doing battle with mega huge companies like Ubisoft.

They also have 50 employees. We have 5. Even if we had to compete against a game like this (and I do not think we do), it would be impossible because I can promise you we wouldn't sell enough to break even on just the energy drinks and donuts that company consumed making it. Oh wait... they're French. Soda and croissants :)

Steve

The pace and flow of things in Wargame is very different. It's not a simulation, it's an RTS, even though it's more realistic than a typical one. Even though it's a gross generalization, you never escape the feeling of just watching health bars going down at different speeds. Lots of eye candy, things gliding over the landscape and in general things happening very fast. You never experience the truly unpredictable and chaotic nature of a simulation with the excruciating tension of a realistic tempo.

Yeah it's a shame they used that game engine in such a way - but luck for Battlefront nevertheless! ;)

Luck doesn't play into it. They designed their game engine to do what it does as an RTS. No doubt it would need to be heavily modified or scrapped completely to be used as a combat simulation the likes of CMx2.

CMx2 can be played in RT but its not an RTS.

I also lived in Germany for 2 years with the USAF. Did you also notice that the Germans do not throw garbage and cigerette butts alongside the roadways? That they do not have vacant and abandoned buildings/slums in all their inner cities like we do in America?

The kind of self rightious IGNORANCE of your post is the reason people hate Americans.

I would take the clean, rich culture and rolling hills of the Rhinlandphalz region anyday, over a sweltering aligator infested swamp, Hurricane magnet state.

We are an International community here. So you might not want to spout things off like your above post in the future.

Didn't mean to start a feud or make an Enemy. Was a joking comment

about the Weather and that only. I respect the German Peoples and their

Country. It is a wonderful place when the sun is out lots of good times had there. So you can take your IGNORANCE and stickit were the SUN dont shine.

So hopefully you might think abit before slamming someone next time.

No skin off my back. But hopefully this lil issue is closed..?

Maybe you want to here about Asia next..was there also..its a Toxic Waste Dump...guess that will be questioned also..??

Sgt Hill

No Prisoners

P.S. Steve thx for the Backup..Cheers

So... is this why you deserted?

There's no need to argue about the weather in Germany. Guess why the Germans are world champions in travelling?

Mallorca would have been the 17th state a long time ago if not for the Brits (these seem always to be in the way) who got it even worse (weather wise).

;)

There's no need to argue about the weather in Germany. Guess why the Germans are world champions in travelling?

Mallorca would have been the 17th state a long time ago if not for the Brits (these seem always to be in the way) who got it even worse (weather wise).

;)

Ibiza is better if you have the right Equipment...:o..:eek:

;)

Mallorca 17th Land!!???!!!????

As the big ape hunter, Mr. Heston, said:

So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Herr Poesel, 'From my cold, dead hands!'

Of course we all know this. Why else do you think the Germans were involved in the Spanish Civil War? It was all about securing a place to vacation. I think part of the deal for the Anschluß was securing the Croatian coast for the Austrians to go get some beach time in. I swear, if I didn't speak decent German in 1990 I would never have been able to talk with anybody north of Dubrovnik since English was not spoken much and my Serbo-Croat was limited to securing food and bus tickets. And my God do Austrian bankers on vacation drink hard. Er... not that I really remember much of that particular night.

Steve

;)

Ok Poesel71,

Been in Dubia/Qatar also and lots of Naked Germans on the beach's

there but not many Brits...Anything we need to Know...??

A new Southern Front..???

Standing down...;)

No Prisoners

Mallorca 17th Land!!???!!!????

(..)

This actually crops up every few years or so in the so called 'summer hole' (when its too hot here for politicians... ahem) and some back-row politician needs a headline. Its mostly about how much it would cost.

Oh - and seeing that you are from Barcelona I assure you that the negotiations will be done with the Catalonian government.

;)

Ok Poesel71,

Been in Dubia/Qatar also and lots of Naked Germans on the beach's

there but not many Brits...Anything we need to Know...??

A new Southern Front..???

No need to do anything in these countries. They love us anyway. A bit embarrassing however because its because of 1) Hitler and 2) Cars. I usually try to steer the discussion in the direction of cars...

I am willing to exchange Mallorca for some territories in the Ruhr...

I would ask Bayern in exchange. Oktoberfest included!!!!

This actually crops up every few years or so in the so called 'summer hole' (when its too hot here for politicians... ahem) and some back-row politician needs a headline. Its mostly about how much it would cost.

Yes, I know. And it seems some people would like to get the Greek Aegean islands too.

BTW let's see what would you left behind when the island came back to Spain.

Brits left a native Minorcan Gin, ungrateful Italians forgot to left some kind of native pizza (during Sp. Civil War Italian based bombers in Balearic islands which made my mother's life in Republican Barcelona a bit more "exciting"). Nice, large Mallorwursten perhaps??????

Oh - and seeing that you are from Barcelona I assure you that the negotiations will be done with the Catalonian government.

Well Catalan Nationalist governement speaks about "Catalan Countries" (Paissos Catalans)which includes Catalonia, Valencia and Balearic Islands regions, French Rousillon province and Aragonese border areas. Hope we are not going to invade France first. If not then I'm afraid we would have a quite short Catalan "Empire".