Oswald was a ........ (Magic Bullet Theory)

It's BFC "balancing" the game to make up for the "Super Shermans" :-P

No, actually it's because the houses are abstracted in a 0:1 ratio ... ;)

joking - One of those things you just have to laugh about I guess. Impressive accuracy really - why don't I get those Germans on my team ? My guys will miss at 30m !

LOL... Yeah. I think that's what we call a "bug." Hope you have a save game file of that for the powers that be.

140m range isn't too ridiculous for the Panzershreck. Not a high percentage shot, mind you, but not a Hail Hary either. But there is simply no way an AT rocket would penetrate even one roof surface and keep flying, let alone 4.

What was he shooting at? It doesn't look like he could even see the tank.

That was what I was thinking.

That shot should not be made because he cannot see the tank, then the rocket should have exploded on the roof.

So I would think the bug is, the german side does not see buildings there. the game is playing like the buildings do not exist.

So I think the bug is in the buildings.

So does this mean we all have to stop playing until this resolved, I have seen so many players that claim such acts means the game is terrible and just not worth playing til fixed.

Actually, this is a bad error, but not something hat has happened before or reported from anyone that I recall. So you have a real one of a kind bug there.:)

Given the three other Shermans in the first picture I think that in fact he was aiming more likely at the Sherman nearest the building and its an overshoot. However the result with the rocket travelling through several roofs without exploding or deflecting is bizarre.

In this sequence the Schreck gunner was likely aiming at a near Sherman that was in the 120 meter range. The Schreck could not see the Sherman that was hit after the round passed through two houses. This is worse than "bad luck" as now the battle and the war may be lost. I have only noticed this once but it likely has happened before. I won't stop playing BUT I have nearly stopped playing with the British for the most part as I have documented the vulnerability of British tank commanders.

The only suggestion I can make is that perhaps the roofs had 'abstracted damage' and the projectile 'abstractly passed through' the 'abstracted' holes!

The trajectory and final hit were just luck as previously described.

I know CM1 abstracted damage to buildings before they showed the damage graphic so we could be seeing the same here; albeit an incredible fluke.

If you have the previous turn saved you could run it through several times and see if it happens again.

dpabrams,

Send me a pm at my user link. If you have a savegame I'll pass it on. (Be advised: I'm not saying it's a bug, but it sure looks odd. :) There may well be an abstraction to certain building structures that openings exist which aren't explicitly and visually modelled. This projectile may have found 4 of them in a row.)

Ken

There may well be an abstraction to certain building structures that openings exist which aren't explicitly and visually modelled. This projectile may have found 4 of them in a row.)

Yeah; I thought about this. The thing is, the attics themselves wouldn't be empty, either -- presumably, there's structural rafters crossing the space to hold up the roof, as well as grandma's old dinnerware, etc. stored up in the attic space.

If the roof is partially damaged, then you would also have piles of debris, possibly parts of the roof dangling down, etc., which could also intercept the projectile.

Overall, even assuming abstracted openings like shell holes in the roofs themselves, the chances of a lightweight and easily detonated or deflected projectile like a 'shreck rocket passing completely through *two* building attics strikes me as colossally unlikely. As in, win the Powerball lotto unlikely. First, you have to have 4 "abstracted holes" perfectly lined up, and then you have to have a clear path within the attics between the holes.

For me, this is about as close as you can get to "will never happen", without actually being there.

SO it was aimed at the visible tank, and you can see they are in line, and therefore the modelling seems to be that the roof has no mass.

In the first version we had a pictures of a Panther shell travelling through AFAIR four US halftracks almost end to end effectively and it was felt then that perhaps the chances of hitting something hard like and engine block /armor should have detonated or deflected it.

This seems similar in that cumulative "slight" obstructions do not accumulate to anything.

Dpabrams, can you recall if the buildings had taken any significant damage (creating abstracted holes) other than small arms fire?

Good question. The first building had taken at least 3-5, 75mm rounds, direct fire. The second building had taken at least 1, 75 mm round directly. Now only the ground level floor was targeted as the troops cannot occupy the attic.