Play without a time restraint

I just got this game yesterday and I was wondering is there a way to continue playing without the game ending in a specific year? I am kind of looking for a game where the absolute goal is global conquest and I don't want the game to end at a certain year if that hasn't been accomplished.

Lastly, is there a way to have the computer play itself? I work from home and I kind of wanted to have the computer playing in the background while I am working. Thanks..

Hi

It's not possible to have a totally open ended end date, but in the editor the campaign's end date can be extended quite significantly, and I would imagine easily for long enough to enable a global conquest.

At the same time, some of the scripts would have to have their dates changed. This would apply for any Failsafe dates in the scripts (if you open them all and search for Failsafe) and also for Minor Victory conditions in the Victory scripts.

Adjust them to be whatever you set as the end date for the campaign, e.g. 1st January 1980, and you should then able to play for as long as you want to.

Best to do this on a copy of the original campaign, so start by opening the campaign in the editor, hit File and Save as, and give it a new name before you start editing.

For AI-AI games, if you press F3 on your keyboard before starting a game against the AI, then when you start the game the AI will fight out the game while you can watch or get on with other things.

Good luck, and have fun!

Bill