Damn liscensing

I new this day would come! My old computer crapped out, and now I can't install the original global conflict. Battle front is preventing me from playing my legaly purchased game, now I'll have to jump through all kinds of hoops or buy the game again! That won't happen! In fact I may never get a battlefront game again.

Thanks for the headaches battlefront.

I apologize for my temper tantrum, it was a bad day. I have the liscense key, but I get the error=11 code. All my activations have been used. The thing is, I can't uninstall it from the broken computer. Anyway, I submitted a help ticket.

Thank you for your response and patience.

First, I want to say thank you for resetting the key. But I get this warning from the help desk:

Please note that we can only reset your key a limited number of times. Once the limit is reached, you may not be able to relicense your key anymore. On the other hand, there is no limit as to how often you can UNLICENSE a key from your end. Unlicensing takes one second (literally! It's just one click) and "frees up" your key from your current PC, so you can use it elsewhere. You can unlicense and relicense an unlimited number of times. Please do not forget to unlicense in the future in order to preserve your license key.

Now, I understand the policy, but I would like to know how I can unlicense when I can't even turn the old computer on? I do not get my old computers repaired, I just buy a new one. I can see this happening again, and it is all because of battlefronts anti customer DRM! This is not a tantrum, just stating things. The only reason I put up with this crap is that you have good games, but I have my limits also. Your own records prove I bought the game.

P.s.- getting "gold" reinstalled was also another ball busting experience, but I got it.God, I hope this computer lasts, it seems I only rent games from battlefront.

Unless your computer breaks down every week, you can always ask for a reset. The reset limit is temporary, not permanent, we can reset it only so often in a certain period of time.

You have the renting part backwards. You effectively only rent games from every online outlet out there that bind your game to it's online system. They can pull it at any time. We are one of the few where you actually own the game, can copy it etc. Once you have it, no one can take it from you.

However, what you own is not the source code, but a license to use it. This is true for every piece of software out there with a commercial license. Our activation system enforces the limits set by the User Agreement that is part of this license that you purchase.

Martin

Ok, thank you Moon. The wording of the warning gave me the wrong impression. This is the first time I've had to get a reset, but there were other battlefront games on my dead computer, and they are now installed on this one. I hope I get a few years out of this new one, but who knows, a year from now I might need a whole slew of resets!

I may not like your licensing, but I got good support from you guys. Thanks.