New file at the Repository: Operation Deadstick (2012-06-05)

Yes great stuff but having taken all objectives with 10 casualties I got minor defeats. How do you win this one?

Tough aint it? do you really want me to tell you and spoil the fun? I am guessing this is battle 1 taking and holding the bridges? I will pm the answer to you, but you should persevere. I am stuck on battle 5 the gerries have some tanks that just keep kicking my ass.

Tough aint it? do you really want me to tell you and spoil the fun? I am guessing this is battle 1 taking and holding the bridges? I will pm the answer to you, but you should persevere. I am stuck on battle 5 the gerries have some tanks that just keep kicking my ass.

Uh oh, Para, this bodes me ill for our upcoming mano-a-mano contest(s). When I playtested for GVT, I got knocked out after Battle 4...even though I never had less than a Minor Victory in any of the battles, GVT said that you need a Major Victory in #4.

Good luck, Verulam.

Uh oh, Para, this bodes me ill for our upcoming mano-a-mano contest(s). When I playtested for GVT, I got knocked out after Battle 4...even though I never had less than a Minor Victory in any of the battles, GVT said that you need a Major Victory in #4.

Good luck, Verulam.

Battle 4? is that the church? covered approach, fire-power and then speed, speed and more speed. I play in RT and it's nightmare mate.When you get to 5 you are going to be pulling your hair out.

Ahem, thank you guys for playing this Campaign.

I can see I had been a little strict with the Victory levels to pass through, but in fact I adapted them from the Original Scenarios, and besides after all these are historical (mostly), at least if we consider the results.

In the German vs AI I consequently lowered one step that level, as I considered the big disparity of the level of the troops involved, and give the player a chance to see it through to the end.

I've played on both sides against AI and indeed I was able to score the Victory levels required: even if this may not mean much knowing all the AI plans and the terrain, still I deem it is meaningful showing that given these forces it is still possible to gain the Campaign, either as a British or a German player.

Always wish you a Major Victory!

Cheers

Ahem, thank you guys for playing this Campaign.

I can see I had been a little strict with the Victory levels to pass through, but in fact I adapted them from the Original Scenarios, and besides after all these are historical (mostly), at least if we consider the results.

In the German vs AI I consequently lowered one step that level, as I considered the big disparity of the level of the troops involved, and give the player a chance to see it through to the end.

I've played on both sides against AI and indeed I was able to score the Victory levels required: even if this may not mean much knowing all the AI plans and the terrain, still I deem it is meaningful showing that given these forces it is still possible to gain the Campaign, either as a British or a German player.

Always wish you a Major Victory!

Cheers

I think you have it spot on GVT it is a tough scenario and that's how it should be.

I have not efficiency with my PIATs against Pz IV, it's my second try with this mission for a draw result!

I have played this battle at least 8+ times and never recorded the correct victory results. The piats struggle against the armour even at close range. is it the skirts? It is probably poor tactics by me.

It is a hard battle though and victory is not going to be easy and that's why i like it.

The astonishing fact is that in reality the 5th Para had not that many PIATs available! I added them for playability, but in fact A Co destroyed about 17 tanks using DC or Gammon bombs, at close range... The Red Devils!

Hail to the Red Devils

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILERS********************

Having rececently read a book on Pegasus Bridge, I took on this campaign with great delight, but I'm struggling with the first mission (albeit having fun doing so). The first time I moved too slowly. But the second time around I covered ground quickly used a lot of smoke to get me across the bridge, didn't suffer many casualties, got many squads over to the other side, but still the time limit prevents me from gaining a victory. Not even close to the T-junction. The major problem are the units in the two houses on the right side of the west side of the bridge. 12 minutes in total. Any pointers?

Can you please PM me too about mission 1. I've tried it three times and keep getting close, but alas, no progression :(

Much appreciated!

I deem the original design for these battles (not mine, and aptly credited in the Designers' notes) was accurate enough so you should try to apply the tactics used in real Life by the combatants, and refer back to what happened in history: you should be fine.

i.e. the 1st battle was a coup de main, hence it should be accomplished by fast organized and coordinated assaults; the time constraints and level of victory to accomplish in each scenario reflect again those recorded on the real battlefield. A thorough study about the tactics used then will provide you with a good enough blue print of the events.

That said, what I quite like of CM is that it still depict the unpredictable events, the unlikely option that even the best of plans can go wrong in a moment in the course of any battle.

• 10 months later...