Suggestion about Relief in place and a Production question

Production question:

Is there a MPP savings if I produce a unit with the upgrades vs. producing the unit and upgrading later?

Also what about repairing a unit then upgrading, vs. upgrading then repairing a unt....

Suggestion: I think there should be a command where two adjacent land units can switch places (relief in place) with some retention of entrenchment (this is because they basically move into their fox holes, trenches etc.).

e.g. An army (entrenched at 3) switches place with an entrenched corps (fortified at 4).

Neither army or corps can do anything else that turn.

Entrenchment calculation. Both lose one entrenchment point automatically. Since the army is bigger than the corps, the army losses an additional entrenchment (50% of the entrenchment value the corps had) moving into the corps area. The corps, being smaller than the army doesn't take any additional entrenchment losses

Thus:

Army before switch (entrenched at 3)

after it moves into corps old position: 4 - 1 - (0.50x4) = 1

Corps: before switch (entrenched at 4)

after it moves into army's old position: 3 - 1 = 2

I am not sure how to do calculations between the other land units but something similar in idea.

Conan

Hi Conan

To answer your questions, the cost is the same whether you buy a unit with the upgrades, or upgrade it later.

But with damaged units, those with upgrades will cost more to repair, so from the financial perspective it is better to repair them before upgrading.

That's an interesting idea on swopping!

Bill