Machine Guns Too Weak?

You are correct..in CC3 machineguns were very effective. TOO effective. Machineguns are powerful weapons, but CC3 has them wiping out 10 man squads in about 10-20 seconds, which under ideal circumstances is certainly possible, but not EVERY time! I think CM has it about right IMHO.

Subjective by necessity:

The enemy advances rapidly, in dispersed formation, he hits the dirt, gets back up, using the terrain to mask his advance, rushing from cover to cover never giving you much of a clear shot.

When firing a MG in field conditions you realise that the WWI type move down situations are only going to happen during very special circumstances, like a Russian, eh, WWI style attack.

I must say I don’t think the MG´s are way out of line either in CC or CM. It is all a matter of not catching that MG fire and how you move when you do.

I´v not given CC much thought lately but I don´t recall feeling they were the solution to end all problems, nor are they in CM.

The work just as I would expect them in CM. Rapidly projecting suppressive fire against several targets at ranges beyond most effective rifle squad fire.

M.