Great Falaise Gap Documentary

I was searching for information about the Falaise gap battles and came accross this documentery on YouTube.

Watched the first part and have to say enjoyed it thoroughly.

Ended up watching all of it and IMO gives the viewer a clear and simple picture of what happened step by step as the gap closed further and further.

Also giggled the fact that I had "been" in St-Lambert-sur-dives just days before with KG Engel!

I indeed recomend it.

Bad points ofcourse it reuses allot of images and some are out of place but you cant win them all.

Playlist on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAACC864167D3636E

...gives the viewer a clear and simple picture of what happened step by step as the gap closed further and further.

Then it's very likely inaccurate. Not to say that it is worthless; just that accounts of any action are inevitably incomplete, and the more sweeping the claims, the more likely they are to be misleading.

BTW, a lot of written histories that make for thrilling reading are virtually useless as sources of factual information. Sorry, but that's just how it works out nine times out of ten.

Michael

well, i enjoyed it :(

simple might not have been the best choice of words. Just saying it helped me put all the operations (cobra, lutich, tractable etc) into perspective and see a basic view of how it all went down. I believe it does a good job in taht sense.

seems you just cant win

Just wanted to show those who arent major grogs an apparently good (IMO) source of info on what happened they could understand.

simple might not have been the best choice of words. Just saying it helped me put all the operations (cobra, lutich, tractable etc) into perspective and see a basic view of how it all went down. I believe it does a good job in taht sense.

seems you just cant win

You enjoyed it, you win. ;)

I just like at times to review the old footage.

And I have no problem with that. :D

Sometimes I read books primarily for their entertainment value. But I would be cautious about making any other claims on their behalf.

seems you just cant win

You found a show that helped you pass the time in a pleasant way. I'd call that a win.

:)

Michael