where to optimize in the editor

i have to areas where i loose a lot of time

• since the water tile is still broken (problem with elevation) i usually use marsh tiles to create ravines etc. then i have to lower all marsh tiles in the elevation-mode and naturally fix the adjacent tiles in height, so that the ravine is lower than the surrounding terrain. so could you either fix the water tile elevation thing or give us a tile which automatically is lower by 2 to 3 meters in respect of the adjacent tiles.
  • when building a farm or a village i have quite few house which are directly adjacent to each other. in real life those houses would be separated by a firewall (usually). when i use modular buildings i have then to touch every building to create the firewall since the editor puts in windows and doors in the default building. could you please give us houses which automatically put in a firewall if two houses are adjacent.

i have to areas where i loose a lot of time

• since the water tile is still broken (problem with elevation) i usually use marsh tiles to create ravines etc. then i have to lower all marsh tiles in the elevation-mode and naturally fix the adjacent tiles in height, so that the ravine is lower than the surrounding terrain. so could you either fix the water tile elevation thing or give us a tile which automatically is lower by 2 to 3 meters in respect of the adjacent tiles.
  • when building a farm or a village i have quite few house which are directly adjacent to each other. in real life those houses would be separated by a firewall (usually). when i use modular buildings i have then to touch every building to create the firewall since the editor puts in windows and doors in the default building. could you please give us houses which automatically put in a firewall if two houses are adjacent.

+1 on both. I realize there are inherent difficulties with water and the building issue might be tricky, but both would be welcome and the second would be a huge time saver in trying to create an urban battlefield.

I think performance is the greatest problem with the editor.

where do you feel this? i have just some sluggish behaviour in the largest zoom and my tea consumption raises steeply when i flip to the 3D view - but i wouldn't complain too much about these two.

given there is only a 2D view I find the editor waay to slow on really big maps.

Also, a few more zoom levels are necessary imho, to get better overview over big maps

sure would be helpful. i work a lot with large maps up to 4x4 kms and usually use medium zoom levels, where the performance is not an issue.

it takes the height of the lowest tile and stays there all over on the map. so you get deep gorges when you have terrain which is high on one end and low on the other end.

Oh, you mean that water can exist only on the lowest elevation. Sorry, for a second I thought you meant that it was a bug. It's not really broken, just a limitation in the current game. Hopefully they will change this by the time that the Bulge module is released.

Have you tried a temporary fix? You could replace the marsh texture with your own water graphic and release it with any battle or campaign you design. It would kind of act as a fordable water tile.

The only issue I have is putting Posters up against walls.. LOL it takes forever to get them right, they are either too far back, or you put them against the wall only to have them go inside the building.

Sure the larger the map the slower it seems, and I have way more system Req then needed.

My only real issues with the editor is this.

Bridges, or able vehicles to push others out of the way. not sure thats possible.

Posters.. attaching posters to walls is crazy.

Lastly more.. we want more types of buildings, churches, Cafe's etc. Buildings with paintings or murals on the side like the ones found in France and Germany etc.

Thanks BF.

Oh, you mean that water can exist only on the lowest elevation. Sorry, for a second I thought you meant that it was a bug. It's not really broken, just a limitation in the current game. Hopefully they will change this by the time that the Bulge module is released.

Have you tried a temporary fix? You could replace the marsh texture with your own water graphic and release it with any battle or campaign you design. It would kind of act as a fordable water tile.

It is broken if they have to fix it ;) my problem with the workaround is not the design, but the elevation when i want the ravine to be just 1 to 3 meters deeper than the adjacent terrain.

It is possible to make shallow river banks but it takes alot of trial. Change the elevation value of the water tile to 2 or 3 higher than the adjacent land tile. You do get some water corners clipping out and you can get rid of those by playing with elevations to the tile adjacent to the land tile.

Also, if you don't mind a really wide river, putting a ford tile outside of a deep water tile, and playing with the elevations as stated above will also create bank-less river edges.