CQB units

I've asked this earlier, and there wasn't a clear answer to this, so I'll check again since you've worked a little more on the game.

Will units just armed specifically for close quarters battle (submachine guns) be availible? I assume they would prove very useful in clearing buildings and other confined areas. And imagine the morale effect! A squad has your team pinned and they ALL have automatic weapons!

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, historically correct formations, like SMG untis, are included. Having just played a scenario with some I can tell you that they have their limitations. Try having an SMG unit return fire at 200m smile.gif

Steve

So what's the deal with the combat shotguns? I suppose you won't include them because of the lack of info you told us. All I've seen are a few pictures of them in use. However, I think a WWII combat sim has yet to implement them. You could be the first, but that might have to bend "the scope" of what you're shooting for. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Well, we won't be the first to introduce them either smile.gif There is no formal assignment of this weapon. And because of that we can't include it. If we did it would be very unrealistic. Their use was extremely limited, and we have no idea HOW they were employed. So we can't just go creating a formation that happens to have a shotgun.

BTW, all sorts of odd weapons were used by all sides throughout the war. Captured, pre-war civilian, older issue, etc. weapons all found their way to the battlefield. It is impossible to simulate this.

Steve