CBBN or CMC?

OK, so I just bought the bundle. Now of to the tutorials. I want to learn so that I don't get frustrated and move on to something else :)

Hit tip: just don't get frustrated. Every game, every turn is a potential learning experience. You will not master this game in the first couple of tries, or possibly even ever. If you can't master your own frustration, you probably just wasted some money.

Amen to that! It frustrated the heck out me at first. Graphics were poor on my machine too but I learned to work with that. Love the game now. Now i am on a Mac so the frustration is starting all over but that is because of the different operating systems. Graphics are outstanding now! AND CW is not for Mac yet.

Amen to that! It frustrated the heck out me at first. Graphics were poor on my machine too but I learned to work with that. Love the game now. Now i am on a Mac so the frustration is starting all over but that is because of the different operating systems. Graphics are outstanding now! AND CW is not for Mac yet.

Unless I am misinterpreting what you are calling CW... you are mistaken. The Commonwealth module is available for Mac and runs fine on my all my Macs

OK, so I just bought the bundle. Now of to the tutorials. I want to learn so that I don't get frustrated and move on to something else :)

After the tutorial campaigns (which require you to read along in the manual, just in case you didn't know) I would highly recommend downloading the campaign called Devil's Descent. It really eases you into things with a small number of troops, but a decent challenge.

Stay clear of Courage and Fortitude. The second mission (or third, can't remember) is absolutely brutal, even if you know exactly what you are doing.

I want to learn so that I don't get frustrated and move on to something else :)

Here's a start...but probably more for guys that have already been playing...still some useful info in there.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103884&page=2

More stuff here once you get your feet wet.

http://combatmission.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Mission_Wiki

If you have any questions about game mechanics, tactics whatever, just ask. There are plenty of people here that'll walk you through whatever problems arise. The game is a blast and if you stick with it, you'll experience some truly awesome moments.

Welcome aboard.

Mord.

Thanks to everyone with their helpful comments. I am amazed at the knowledge level of those on the forums.

Reminds me of being in Economics class as a freshmen. The professor asked a question and wanted to know if anyone had the answer. I sat there thinking, "I don't even understand the question!". Some of the posts are that detailed in information. Impressive.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone. Really appreciate it.

I am playing through the tutorials and am learning quite a bit. I have the camera down and get this, I even successfully used mods to change the appearance of the Sherman tanks (late). :)