Rockets Red Glare and Underused Tech

I noticed in GC Gold that German rockets can only be built in 1944. So does anyone actually bother doing so by then? Seems like their use would be very limited at that point because either you've won or you're in Festung Europa mode in which case they probably aren't going to train up fast enough to make a difference. Plus I would think allied air would take them out via direct attacks.

But that's just an uninformed opinion :-) Anyone found them useful that late? If not maybe they should be loosened up a bit (I know that they can be built early if there are no build restrictions. I am talking about when there are).

While on the topic I'm wondering if much investment is made by anyone in infrastructure tech. Seems good but not nearly as good as the other techs. In which case maybe it is another candidate for either "upping" or removing.

Thoughts?

Hello lhugues41 ^^ ,

- As you say, I never research rockets, they come in play too late to be interesting. I agree just having them available earlier (by reaching tech lvl 1 perhaps with higher tech or production cost) would be nice.

Or maybe gaining a year for each tech level (but keeping other bonuses):

lvl 0: production in 1944

lvl 1: production in 1943

lvl 2: production in 1942

lvl 3: production in 1941

- I research Infrastructure a bit for US and sometimes for Japan. It depends if I go heavy on amphibious or not. If you add up all the MPPs eaten by moving land units by rail or sea, it can make a difference in the long run.