Mord's new Portraits

Erwin

Yeah, it's very easy that way. I have all my US uniforms and helmets by division and then I put the division patches in the corresponding folders. You'll have to rename the portraits if you put them all in there, though...or you can just put the one you like best. I never know which style I'll be in the mood for. Like Aragorn, I like the small shields but I also like the big patches/symbols. LOL maybe one day I'll get to see them while playing instead of testing in the editor!

Mord.

Actually I think that was RommL who did those.

I'd do them if BF adds them in the game...I was sticking to what's available as far as what they've released...for example I have Falschirmjager shields all ready for when Market Garden comes out but I didn't put them in.

I only added the minor Allies because they were part of the Commonwealth makeup and Darknight had all the patches and badges at the ready...if I'd had to research all of them and try and find everything I probably would've skipped them.

I'll have to see what happens with the game. I don't want to make any promises 'cause I don't want you to be let down.

Mord.

Ha no worse than you, Mr. Thousand Variations of an HQ unit! How's your carpal tunnel?

Heh, like you I made twice as many as I released in the end.

Just had a thorough look at the portraits, and it's stupendous, the number of files and options. Great job!

One small issue I had: When I attempted to unpack the zip, Winrar gave me numerous error messages like this: Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters.

Only after I shortened the zip file name to just 'M.zip' was I fully able to unpack the whole thing without any errors at all. You might want to consider shortening several folder names within the mod, if possible.

Just to be sure, a successful unpack should result in 2034 files including previews and readme's, right?

Thanks Mord, I think you can pick up french voices from CMBO and add free French "croix de lorraine" shield on your US plain portraits, not a lot of work!

LOL yeah, from your mouth to my ears...I told DC this mod wouldn't be much work. I'll see what I can do.

Heh, like you I made twice as many as I released in the end.

Just had a thorough look at the portraits, and it's stupendous, the number of files and options. Great job!

One small issue I had: When I attempted to unpack the zip, Winrar gave me numerous error messages like this: Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters.

Only after I shortened the zip file name to just 'M.zip' was I fully able to unpack the whole thing without any errors at all. You might want to consider shortening several folder names within the mod, if possible.

Just to be sure, a successful unpack should result in 2034 files including previews and readme's, right?

Thanks, and yep. 2034. There's a few readmes buried in the folders but that is the count.

As far as the winrar thing...that's strange. But I use plain old zip that came with XP. I'll see what is what.

Mord.

Thanks very much guys...and wow, great compliment Aris, much appreciated coming from you. And yes we made a good team...DC put a giant amount of prep work in...EVERY single Commonwealth badge, patch, and helmet flash you see were gathered, processed and sent to me by him. All of these were broke down by corps, brigade and division with appropriate patches and the like each in their own folders, along with many notes explaining any peculiarities and particulars I needed to know...and then on top of that he created a list that I could easily read of all formations with their various subordinates listed underneath. He really busted butt to help me out and I wouldn't even be close to done if he hadn't. He is the man!

It's really kind of funny because this all came about because I screwed up that Canadian flag... best modding mistake I've ever made!

Mord.