Mord's new Portraits

Erwin

These are superb but I have a problem here. I'm playing Breaking the Panzers and am playing ze Germans. I am 9th SS Reg but the stock portraits appear. I can't get round this for some reason. I have installed German Heer, Stug and SS portraits at different times to see why, and for some reason only the scout unit portraits appear. The other SS units are stock. So I'm back to German Portraits Big Symbol and SS Luft Big Symbol. I presume I can run both of these together?

Good job Mord very nice done better than the first release! Thanks!

LOL you ain't kidding! I shudder every time I look at the old mods...I can't even believe I thought those were publishable. I actually designed triple what the end portrait count was...so you can figure over of 6000 portraits to get to this point. I am surprised I don't have carpal tunnel.

These are superb but I have a problem here. I'm playing Breaking the Panzers and am playing ze Germans. I am 9th SS Reg but the stock portraits appear. I can't get round this for some reason. I have installed German Heer, Stug and SS portraits at different times to see why, and for some reason only the scout unit portraits appear. The other SS units are stock. So I'm back to German Portraits Big Symbol and SS Luft Big Symbol. I presume I can run both of these together?

Phil, did you remove everything from the "_ALT" part back?

Ex. "portrait ss armored infantry_ALT 9th SS Pz Div" should go into the z folder as "portrait ss armored infantry" without the quotes of course. Other than that they should work...the only other thing I can think is maybe there is an extra space between the words...I did a lot of cut and pasting of names so I could have reproduced an extra space for the 9th div?

Which versions of the 9th are doing this?

And yes you can run Luft and SS portraits together. The easiest way to tell if you will ever have a conflict is to look at the first part of the file name before the _ALT...if they are different then you can load both.

Thanks fellas, glad you like the mod...it should post tomorrow on the Repos...seems I should've waited a few more hours and I would've got that last division I needed! I'll just upload it as a single file until I have more to update the mod.

ALSO...again a huge thanks to Darknight Canuck...the readme tells the story but I'll paste it here...

"The Brit and Canadian portion of this mod could not have been done to the degree

of accuracy and depth that it was without the help of one man, Darknight Canuck. If it wasn't for him it would've taken another six months of work (if it had been done at all) to gather all the OOB information, patches, and badges to accurately portray all the CW Formations included here. His patience and expertise

in all things Commonwealth were a major asset. He busted his ass to organize all the info I needed into a simple form that I could work from, followed up with copious notes and every patch and badge imaginable. He made the portrait design portion of the mod a thousand times easier on me. He spent three weeks working with me to get this bad boy done. The

best way I could think of to thank him was to put his name in the title of this mod...it's his baby as much as mine. So,

THANKS brother!"

Mord.

At last, at last!!!! Bravo sir, bravo!!!!

I was wondering when you'd show up. Now you can blitz your way across Europe in Heer style.

Seems I am gonna have to update this tomorrow, though...out of the hundreds of mistakes I caught I am still catching more! I clicked one folder randomly and found a Brit mistake. *SIGH* Every release has to have a screw up!

Mord.

Mord, you're gonna make me blush.

It was a pleasure being able to play a small part in your magnum opus.

Hey, man! You deserve a lot of credit! Blush away...you put a lot of sweat and blood into this.

Mord.

I was wondering when you'd show up. Now you can blitz your way across Europe in Heer style.

Seems I am gonna have to update this tomorrow, though...out of the hundreds of mistakes I caught I am still catching more! I clicked one folder randomly and found a Brit mistake. *SIGH* Every release has to have a screw up!

Mord.

LOL, Mord, will you ever get around to playing the game?

Hey, regarding the mention in the Special Note... see, it was worth it!

Couple of nights' work, eh Mord?

Seriously, Maaahvelous, simply Maaahvelous!

Yeah...those words haunted me throughout the making of this...

You should read the first couple PM's me and DC had...LMAO about fixing the Canadian flag and how easy it was gonna be to add the Brit and other CW battalions and Regiments...all I needed were some lists...

Mord.

LOL, Mord, will you ever get around to playing the game?

LOL I am beginning to think modding is the only game...but I hope so! I have so many ideas in my head it's hard to concentrate on playing...I am becoming really OCD about tweaking stuff.

Hey, regarding the mention in the Special Note... see, it was worth it!

Hey, gotta give credit where credit is do. Those were a very important part of getting the airborne guys just right!

On the plus side, an update for the tiny errors will allow you to add the final German portraits. :)

Yeah, I caught quite a lot of mistakes since I sent you the first draft of the CW guys. Thought I'd gotten everything. I'd completely left out the plain para stuff for the Brits. But it's inevitable, I don't think I've ever uploaded something without screwing up somewhere. So, yeah, bright side...get it all in and have it complete as possible.

LOL ended up being quite a few more than what I predicted the final portrait count to be, huh?

Mord.

You guys are VERY welcome...as big of a PIA as it was to get through (especially the design hurtles) it was well worth it.

I just urge you guys not to get too elaborate with your folders because I am gonna try and get the updated version out ASAP...If the Repos posts the mods tomorrow morning those won't be it. I'll let you know.

And I actually put all my US division portraits in with EZ/Mj's division patch uniforms, that way when I switch out unis I switch out portraits at the same time.

Mord.