One of the key reasons for the Russian defeat at Tannenberg was a need to transmit messages in clear once on German territory and also a lack of cryptographers.

I wondered how,or if this is modelled in the game? i.e once in Germany,Russian forces should be much more 'visible'

Another critical factor was the mutual dislike between Samsonov and Rennenkampf. Perhaps action points for the units thay are attached to them could be randomly calculated?

I am not suggesting the rules for this are included in the campaign game but this would be an interesting scenario.

Hi

In the main campaigns the HQ ratings of Samsonov and von Rennenkampf are rather low to reflect their lack of co-operation.

It would perhaps be hard to program something in for this, though if one were to give the Germans level 1 in Intelligence then it might help, i.e. the chance to spot enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.

I recall that the Germans weren't averse to sending some signals in clear either, but with less catastrophic results.