Shorter turn time for WEGO

Gee, you mean like real life where a commander might not be able to intervene with his troops for several minutes at a time because he's on another part of the battlefield and can't get word to them immediately? Or worse yet, might not even know about their predicament?

You know, I used to ask myself that very question. Maybe it's because RT sells and BFC likes to make money.

Michael

You forgot about one small thing. In real life solider is trained and he can think by himself. In the game you are a commander and every single solider in some part. AI isn't very good in taking independent decision:).

Good day.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot about one small thing. In real life solider is trained and he can think by himself. In the game you are a commander and every single solider in some part. AI isn't very good in taking independent decision:).

Good day.

In the game you can coordinate everything way more precise than in real life also. The two things balance out.

In the game you can coordinate everything way more precise than in real life also. The two things balance out.

IMO yes and no:D. In real life commander establish a plan with his officers or NCO's and they do it. But when they do it they are looking with their eyes and the know when to stop, run or withdraw:). When I give an orders to my soldiers I never know that they will see the enemy or not. I know it is only a game:).

In real life commander establish a plan with his officers or NCO's and they do it. But when they do it they are looking with their eyes and the know when to stop, run or withdraw.

Boy, what an idealist! I guess you never read Murphy's Laws of War. The first rule is "Somebody always f***s up."

:rolleyes:

Michael

IMO yes and no:D. In real life commander establish a plan with his officers or NCO's and they do it. But when they do it they are looking with their eyes and the know when to stop, run or withdraw:). When I give an orders to my soldiers I never know that they will see the enemy or not. I know it is only a game:).

Didn't 1st Para establish a plan for Arnhem then once they'd dropped it all their planning counted for nothing.Radios didn't work,so no communication and then subsequently got cut off from everyone else in OMG.Whilst being

ambushed,bushwacked and eventually surrounded.So much for planning and the ability to be able to withdraw and knowing what the hell is going on.

Like all good plans in WW2,nothing ever went to plan.OMG was the classic example,everything that could go wrong,did go wrong.

Idealist? Perhaps sometimes:). BF's creation is more advanced version of tabletop games::). I think this game is now quite good and don't need much changes. But without any changes this product will never be so good as old ones in old times:). Whatever it was? In pleistocene epoch as I remember:D.

Didn't 1st Para establish a plan for Arnhem then once they'd dropped it all their planning counted for nothing.Radios didn't work,so no communication and then subsequently got cut off from everyone else in OMG.Whilst being

ambushed,bushwacked and eventually surrounded.So much for planning and the ability to be able to withdraw and knowing what the hell is going on.

Like all good plans in WW2,nothing ever went to plan.OMG was the classic example,everything that could go wrong,did go wrong.

Ok. And? One time is good another is bad. This is war:). You say: nothing ever went to plan. I say: Blow up commanders in every army, we don't need them:D. OMG was the classic example of B. L. Montgomery.

What it boils down to for me is what makes this game more fun to play, a 60sec turn or a 30 sec turn or a choice between the two. I prefer a 30 sec turn because it allows more control by the player. Kinda a compromise between RT and Turn Based. You get more control, a playback and less expenditure of tank and gun and mortar ammo. I would also like that there be a choice between 60 and 30 seconds for those who like 60 second turns. Just my opinion.

I think this would be a best option.

If you seriously, ok :P. This should be about 1,5x1,5km. I don't know if I will make the whole Sainte-Mere-Eglise because by now I have only two aerial photos. One from NW and one from SW. But with Google Maps a think I will get along with this. Unfortunately I have only a little time. But for two weeks I will be free.

I say: Blow up commanders in every army, we don't need them [because plans never work]

You know, commanders - the good ones, at least - knew and know full well that plans never work out as, er, planned. But they still do it anyway. Why is that, do you think?

I think the reason why is best encapsulated in a little quote, although I forget who uttered it and the exact wording. It goes something like

Plans are worthless. They never work out and they never last. Planning, however, is an activity of immense value as it forces one to think through the options and counter options, and the requirements for those various options. Planning ensures the preconditions for an activity are understood and met, and mentally prepares the commander for the task ahead.