WIP - CW Weapon Skins

paratroopers_08jun44_sm.jpg

This photo was taken 8 June 1944 by a U.S. Army Signal Corps photographer in a French village at St. Marcouf, near Utah Beach, France, part of the historic D-Day invasion that began only two days earlier. It shows a group of 101st Airborne paratroopers at an assembly point. A captured German small tracked vehicle is in the foreground.

101st Airborne insignia there for all the world to see.

101abn8989879.jpg

battle_marketgarden68.jpg

Troops of US 101st Airborne Division with members of Dutch resistance at the Eindhoven cathedral, the Netherlands, Sep 1944

Etc., etc.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, and even in some loading screens (although I may be thinking of sdp's Italian Mod loading screens) there are several US division patches obviously "scratched out" (some somke not completely) by censors.

The bottom pic, GI on right, the censor has circled it with the notation "out".

force-specificbackgroundblue8.jpg

force-specificbackgroundblue1.jpg

Re insignia the point I am trying to make is that they would be subdued. What we see in some pics esp the Brits are bright red patches that would be rather easily seen. I really like the way Aris has been fading the vehicle patches out so that they blend in with the camo a lot better... unless one gets very close.

Dunno if this helps at all, but this page may help: http://smgguns.com/?page_id=106

Thanks Luke. There's a better shot of the buttplate on that site I can use for reference if I end up having to do it from scratch. Still hoping I can take the lazy way out and have someone who has access to a Bren take a pic of the plate :D.

Rambler, have you thought about modding the M1919 and M1917? I don't think those have been modded yet by you.

Yeah, I didn't do the 17 or the 19 in the last go around. I didn't really notice anything I wanted to mod on the textures back then. I might take a look at them again for this version since I'm seriously considering tweaking some of the US/German weapons I already did.

Yeah, I didn't do the 17 or the 19 in the last go around. I didn't really notice anything I wanted to mod on the textures back then. I might take a look at them again for this version since I'm seriously considering tweaking some of the US/German weapons I already did.

Cool! BTW, I own a K98 and a Garand, so I can help you out if you need any detail shots of those.

Cool! BTW, I own a K98 and a Garand, so I can help you out if you need any detail shots of those.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'll definitely get with you for some shots when I reach that point.

@Erwin - Fuser did that PIAT, so you'll have to ask him if he'll release it :).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Peter, tbh it hasn't progressed since the last screen I posted. Work has been killer lately, and I've been travelling as well. Things should lighten up in the next couple of weeks, and I'll be able to get back to it. As it stands, I'm 80% done with the CW stuff, and I will probably revisit some textures from my previous release. Don't know when I'll release it, but I can guarantee it will get done :).

• 2 weeks later...