WIP - CW Weapon Skins

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! Things are moving a little slower on these, but I'll get them done.

@phil - Juju didn't use any of my skins in his UI mod. IIRC he used Marco's silhouettes. However, he did include a Vickers with the canvas jacket cover in his latest UI mod since I'll be doing a version with the canvas in this mod. But as Hister said, no worries with using this and his UI since they're totally different files :).

Thanks everyone! Things are moving a little slower on these, but I'll get them done.

@phil - Juju didn't use any of my skins in his UI mod. IIRC he used Marco's silhouettes. However, he did include a Vickers with the canvas jacket cover in his latest UI mod since I'll be doing a version with the canvas in this mod. But as Hister said, no worries with using this and his UI since they're totally different files :).

Wonderful, looking forward to it.

I recall Juju saying that he used Rambler's original weapon skins in his mod.

No, I believe he said Rambler's original weapon mod inspired him to do the UI weapon slots, which in the end got out of hand and turned into the full UI overhaul. ;)

I used the weapon skins from my own CM:x1 weapon mods.

I continue my appeal for faded, work uniforms with barely seen insignia. Currently, the colorful insignia are guaranteed to stand out in any foliage for the convenience of snipers.

Plenty of WWII photos show Allied soldiers in the field with unit insignia in plain view.

I keep seeing the screens that show during loading and it's hard to see any insignia. Common sense would dictate no colorful anything being kept to give away positions.

Need to make sure your pics are not rear area types, or in safe zones or PR pics.

Come on already. You gotta look at way, way, more than a handful of loading screens. Google for pics of American paratroopers, in Normandy, for instance. There's plenty of photos of those guys in_the_field (i.e., not in rear areas) where their unit insignia is plain as day for all to see.