Android release?

Re: Google Play Moon ETA?

I usually use Google Play but also have the Amazon App Store app on my phone too. Any reason to not use that?

I guess method of payment is different. This is the first app I have ever paid for so I'm not sure how paid apps even work with Google Play. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use Google Play but also have the Amazon App Store app on my phone too. Any reason to not use that?

I guess method of payment is different. This is the first app I have ever paid for so I'm not sure how paid apps even work with Google Play. :)

Amazon App Store is ONLY available in the United States, thus, for those of us NOT living in the U.S., .... CM:Touch is not available. :(

Please get in on Google Play soonest ... :)

Thanks

Tom

South Africa <--- NOT United States .. :(

Amazon App Store is ONLY available in the United States, thus, for those of us NOT living in the U.S., .... CM:Touch is not available. :(

Please get in on Google Play soonest ... :)

Thanks

Tom

South Africa <--- NOT United States .. :(

Unavalaible for spanish customers too ... but Amazon anunced some weeks ago that this summer they are going to open Amazon to other countries , so maybe it will be avalaible soon for people outside US.

How frustrating! It finally comes out for Android, but when it does its unavailable outside the US.

1) I'm just wondering what this 'exclusive' deal with Amazon entails. Does it mean that it will never be on google play, and thus unavailable to the rest of the world? Or will its release be delayed just until any bugs are ironed out?

2) My particular machine (ASUS transformer, TF201) is unlisted, though I'm pretty sure it has the grunt to run it. So, if somebody in the US can find out for me and other transformer users, I'd be grateful.

• 1 month later...
It's available through amazon app store, but be aware that the android version has not received the latest upgrade and they appear to be in no hurry to do it.

Unfortunately, that's not the news we want. If you don't live in the US (or Europe I hear) you cannot get CM for touch on Android. That's why we are waiting for an international release, such as what we hope will happen on Google Aps

We heard that it was taking a long time to get it on Google Aps, but that was a long time ago.

Really, what's the news?

• 2 months later...

I tried purchasing for a vitalASC ST0719 and get an error message of "Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package." when trying to install it - the Amazon message is just that installation failed, I get the parsing error when finding the AmazonApp file cache and clicking on the .apk file to install it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, that's not the news we want. If you don't live in the US (or Europe I hear) you cannot get CM for touch on Android. That's why we are waiting for an international release, such as what we hope will happen on Google Aps

We heard that it was taking a long time to get it on Google Aps, but that was a long time ago.

Really, what's the news?

Still waiting here in Canada for a non-Amazon.com release. Any update news re any other retailer would be great. I don't really want to have bugger all to do with Amazon.com at this point.

I did check the Brit Amazon site per other posts but didn't find it there - might be a wet-ware issue though and pointers would be appreciated.