If this is an April Fool's joke...

Vulcans never bluff.

A couple of instant reactions upon viewing the Tutorial.

- Fantastic, intuitive UI! Best I've seen since StarCraft. Our prayers have been answered!

- Rumours of the demise of WeGo were greatly exaggerated. 30sec turns -- yay!

- Can CoPlay be far away? That would send this thing viral and be the biggest wargaming framebreaker since, oh, CMBO.

- You guys have seized the high ground in wargaming once again, with a capable partner. Well done, sirs!

Just 5 bucks for the app? -- that's the part that may be an April Fools joke.... Unless you're planning to generate a revenue stream for additional content, vehicles, scenarios, etc.

Damn. I my initial reaction was that it's definitely and April Fool's joke, but now that I've looked at all the material. Well... if it is a joke, it's a very elaborate one. Nothing particularly complicated about creating that trailer and the web pages, but also definitely quite a few hours of work to convincingly fake it.

I'm still leaning towards joke, but I'd really like it to be true...

Would be great, if true. I'd have to borrow my wife's iPad2 to play it atm, but I'll definitely have my own iPad by the end of the year. Playing war on my subway commute would be simply great.

Just 5 bucks for the app? -- that's the part that may be an April Fools joke.... Unless you're planning to generate a revenue stream for additional content, vehicles, scenarios, etc.

Ever play Angry Birds? (they give that game away for free, but they SELL you the Eagles you need to succeed.)

It would not surprise me that other scenarios maps and vehicles will pop up on iTunes for $0.99 each. BUT I am JUST guessing. ;)

Angry Birds? Brilliant, just sheer brilliant!! COMBINE them, I say! Angry Birds Touches Combat Mission! Your Tigers get bowled over by, yes, angry birds. I can only imagine the scenarios.

On a serious note, well done! This looks like a great product, opportunity, branch out, game, and all the rest.

Ken

Rumors of our lack of sense of humor are greatly exaggerated.

:)

Steve

Nice. My first reaction was that it was definitely a hoax. But the complex execution caused me to second-guess...

FWIW, some sort of CMx2-based iOS game is an excellent idea. There's a real lack of good military strategy games on the App Store.

If it ever became real, it wouldn't be the first time an iOS product started as an April Fools joke -- that's how the very successful iCade got started.

There goes the eunuch market. Baritones only in these parts.

If this is or isn't real, it is indeed perverse.

Announcing a game that is real on April Fools is bold in a manner that only the truly accomplished and truly weird can get away with. If it is a fake, than the amount of time that went into this is impressive in a very obsessive, time waste-y kind of way that one has to appreciate.

Either result- Great job!

Just what I need...more ways to play CMBN! I play it on my PC in my basement Man-cave, and now I can play at work and anywhere else around the house with my IPad. I hope it's a joke. But it would be a really good marketing ploy for the full game as well if true.

OTOH, why were they spending time and resources on this instead of on Market Garden!?!?