Tanks destroyed when they seem fine (and some general whining)?

"Destroyed" means the very same as "Knocked out", the difference is that the first one is only used for firenldy vehicles, the latter- for hostile.

Your vehicles can be either knocked out or destroyed. Destroyed is the more severe form, eg. a burning or catastrophically exploded tank - total write-offs. A knocked out vehicle might still be salvageable if the crew survives. A knocked out vehicle can still be targetted to make sure it catches fire and becomes a T.W.O.

Well until the crew gets back into it you might as well just consider it a write off if any enemy anti armour is in the area :P In war if you are not sure about it and if it is the enemy and not on fire and popping off it should be considered a threat and deserving of extra love. Assuming gets you killed.

Your vehicles can be either knocked out or destroyed. Destroyed is the more severe form, eg. a burning or catastrophically exploded tank - total write-offs. A knocked out vehicle might still be salvageable if the crew survives. A knocked out vehicle can still be targetted to make sure it catches fire and becomes a T.W.O.

Nope, you're wrong. Go play one quick armor battle and see for yourself- your junk will be only designated as "Destroyed", enemies - "KO".

Sergei and Shuter, I think you are both only half right.

IME, enemy vehicles can never be destroyed, only knocked out. However, once knocked out, they cannot be targeted. Human player vehicles can definitely achieve either status, however I have no idea what difference is supposed to be stipulated by this. Comes out to the same thing in terms of the battle, or in terms of the campaign if you are playing one. In either case the affected vehicle is lost forever.

While we're on the subject of strange behaviour, today I got a WeGo turn and watched in frustration :

At the end of the previous turn, my Sdkfz 250/9 got both los and lof to the rear of an enemy Stuart ( range about 450m ) - but did not fire ( although he may not have had enough time at the end of the turn. )

No problem, I explicitly ordered them to fire on it ( I've knocked out Stuarts with 20mm before, so no worries there ).

At the start of the turn, it fires, hitting nicely although not causing a penetration ( possibly range too great ). Unfortunately, it then spends the rest of the turn with the gunner going "Aiming" .... "Firing" .... "Aiming" .... "Firing" ....

but without actually firing again.

The Stuart laboriously cranks the turret around ( taking about 35 seconds of the turn ) and fires the inevitable fatal shot.

Now this one I don't understand. It can't be a problem with spotting, los or lof as it successfully fired one burst.

<scratches head>

Unfortunately, it then spends the rest of the turn with the gunner going "Aiming" .... "Firing" .... "Aiming" .... "Firing" ....

but without actually firing again.

I've seen this on a few occasions. I think it is likely a bug. If I ever get a reproducible save file I'll start a new thread.

this issue actually has been adressed

when you see the aiming firing issue its a LOS issue. basically the gunner cant see the target or its just outta LoS or sometihing. its not too hard to reproduce, I may actually even have a save file, in the Eroudeville scenario I can almost always reproduce it if I drive a tank to a spot by hedgerows.

In fact in most scenarios you can eventually reproduce it, I have a lot of LoS problems when I drive tanks up to big hedgerows, often I have to fiddle with the positioning a lot to get them to fire...

this issue actually has been adressed

when you see the aiming firing issue its a LOS issue. basically the gunner cant see the target or its just outta LoS or sometihing

But not in my case as he fired and hit initially ... he just didn't follow through for the rest of the turn.

And then the enemy had no trouble firing back either.

Ran into the "Tank Crew with Attention Deficit Disorder" problem yesterday, playing a QB in WeGo against the AI.

My Sherman was hiding behind some bushes when a Pzkfw IV wandered into LOS less than 100 yards away. My first shot was a miss, then the Pzkfw moved behind some trees and out of view. The Sherman immediately slewed it's turret around and engaged some infantry off on the horizon, when less than 10 seconds later, the panzer continued pass the trees, turned, and Ronson'd my Sherman.

I get the limitations of the game, but an existential threat that's less than 100 meters away is a BIG DEAL even if I can't see it and it deserves all my attention, not a few scattered figures off in the distance.