CW Holy Ground: doors that aren´t doors

I guess it's not the scenario's fault. I just played Across the Orne scenario and there was a building where my lads refuse to enter. There was door grafically, but pixel brits cannot use it for enter the building. I guess, it's a 1.10 bug.

It's a Catholic church, they are Anglican..

In my gameplay (Across the Orne) the section was not circluing around the building, they just refuse the enter. I added an assault order into the first level, they prepare for it for a few seconds and then my order vanished. Then I add Move order and same result. Then I tried slow... etc, but they refuse all of my command. Then I order them to move away and THEN move to that building and they refuse again. Of course it was on heavy german suppressiv fire. Finally I order them to move an other building, where they supper casualities. But later, an other section from a different platoon can enter that building without problem. I think it's a CMBN 1.10 bug and not depend on the scenario.

• 8 years later...

I just played this and it was not my idea of a fair fight. "Some tanks", indeed.

Bizarrely ended up with a tactical victory. Not sure how. Must have been the target rich environment. The infantry claimed eight Cromwells (and assorted other things with rivets). Unfortunately the big guns only claimed one.

31 minutes ago, John1966 said:

I just played this and it was not my idea of a fair fight. "Some tanks", indeed.

Bizarrely ended up with a tactical victory. Not sure how. Must have been the target rich environment. The infantry claimed eight Cromwells (and assorted other things with rivets). Unfortunately the big guns only claimed one.

Played it recently myself.  Starting off thinking it was not an easy fight.  It wasn't.  However, getting meagre resources into place and dealing out sufficient damage was a great experience.  Infantry AT weapons saved my day to be sure 😉

40 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Infantry AT weapons saved my day to be sure 😉

I can't quite work out how mine did so well, what with it being pretty open country. Got some successful ambushes in two corners of the map. 

But the Stugs and ATGs were woeful. Too much coming at them from all sides.

Got a bit of success with the Stugs and the same with the ATGs but less so.  Was running out of infantry AT ammo by the end so I was glad to still have the Stugs hanging around - they actually finished the battle for me.

Just thought, I didn't comment on the subject of the original post.  I didn't notice blocked doors in the towers or other buildings.  Perhaps I was lucky to chose the direction or time so that it didn't matter.

On 3/31/2012 at 4:56 AM, __Yossarian0815[jby] said:

Minor bug:

In the scenario Holy Ground, you can´t enter the little doors on the inside of the high towers.

Caused some unnecesarry casualties :(

You might get some solace from the fact that this kind of issue is not restircted to that kind of building or that scenario.  It appears a number of buildings in CM are problematic as you described.

I recently undertook an depth study on a type of "Independant" building that are in the Scenario Designer and would be featured in many of the scenarios out there.  I recently added the detailed test results and easy to run example saved "test files" to a post just like yours to a post I started back in 2015! It really is disappointing that these bugs still exist and have not been corrected

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120716-odd-building-entry-bug/?do=findComment&comment=1821324

PS:  LMAO!  Just looked at WHEN the OP originally posted!

Edited by Lt Bull
LOOKED AT DATE OF ORIGINAL POST!

7 hours ago, Lt Bull said:

You might get some solace from the fact that this kind of issue is not restircted to that kind of building or that scenario.

Yeah had some pixeltruppen ignore the door right in front of them to run round into a hail of machine gun fire to use the other door only the other day. Very annoying.