New Campaign - "ALPHA:IRAN"

ALPHA:IRAN

A CAMPAIGN FOR COMBAT MISSION SHOCK FORCE

As mentioned in a previous Iranian OOB thread, ive been working on a short campaign set in Iran.

------------------------------------------

Description:

-The campaign will be 7-8 missions long.

-Units in the campaign will mostly be based around a mechanized infantry company in a combined arms batallion (you control 2 other units on 2 missions). You belong to 2nd batallion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Invading Iran from Iraqi Kurdistan.

-Campaign missions 1 to 4 will concentrate on the first 24 hours of the invasion. Missions 5 to 7/8 will be the next couple of days.

-All maps are constructed from their real world locations and are on the route the batallion would follow in the imaginary invasion. They include a mix of open and urban maps.

-There will be no replacements in the campaign but they will always be plenty of support both from the ground and air. Correct tactics and use of support will be crucial.

-You will face Iranian Army regulars, Basij Militia(paramilitary) and Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen.

----------------------------------

As of now this is all important information relevant to the state of the project.

5 missions are complete and being tested. Mission 6 will probably entail making a fiction map to present my vision of the mission . Missions 7 and 8 will use the same map.

As I proceed with making all these maps im am getting better and bigger ideas so the campaign, gameplay wise, will improve as it goes along.

My inspiration to make this campaign began after I played the "Forging Steel" campaign (actually the first campaign I have actually finished!). Basically because I hadnt really got to play with a bradley company before, and I really enjoyed all the mechanized action.

Secondly was playing "Battlefield 3"s campaign (which is set in Iran) and I thought, "Hey, all this would make a great CMSF campaign!"

The third and final thing that finally pushed me to start making it was after I bought and started to read "On Point: The United States Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom" and got some Idea of how actual mechanized maneuver units work (atleast in Iraq).

All this motivated me to research the Iranian army, finding some great documents on ir and to actually start making the maps.

DISCLAIMER: I do not support an invasion of Iran, nor to I state that the events in this campaign are actually possible in the real world, either logistically, politicaly or militarily. I just wanted to create a campaign in a setting that was fun for me and kept me motivated to finish it. (just so its all clear :) )

I Will update with some pictues of the maps in a couple of days. Till then...have a good one!

Also becuase of all the testing and me training for "boot camp" it will still be minimum another month before release, maybe more. Cheers

Boche,

Talking of 'On Point' - does anybody know where this can still be downloaded? I'm kicking myself because I downloaded on to an old computer and never transferred it to the new one. My searches these days only turn up the account of post warfighting operations.

Looking forward to the campaign and if you need a hand writing the mission orders or a native English speaker to go over them drop me a PM.

Regards

Combatintman