Colossal Crack - with spoilers

On 11/21/2020 at 12:44 AM, John1966 said:

But 4 minutes later with more than half a dozen Shermans brewing up, I thought, "Why is this a 2-hour scenario?"

If it was important to charge up the middle with a rolling barrage and a smoke screen, surely it'd be a 30-minute scenario?

*Cough* German Reinforcements *Cough* :P

Inspired by this thread I think it is time to have another crack at this battle after six years. Of course the battlefield looks completely different thanks to the modders. I have however begun to tire of the News and Music Mod, no offence to it's creator, and shall be sending my boys into battle with a new mod "Hot Club de Limeyland", which as it's name suggests feature tunes recorded by Django, Stephane and the other boys in the band either in the UK or with a UK subject matter.

19 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Inspired by this thread I think it is time to have another crack at this battle after six years. Of course the battlefield looks completely different thanks to the modders. I have however begun to tire of the News and Music Mod, no offence to it's creator, and shall be sending my boys into battle with a new mod "Hot Club de Limeyland", which as it's name suggests feature tunes recorded by Django, Stephane and the other boys in the band either in the UK or with a UK subject matter.

Ich habe immer noch vor dies als Deutsche zu versuchen, es sei denn, dies ist keine gute Idee?

I'm thinking Google translate may not be a good idea, but anyway?  I studied (if that's the correct word) French at school not German...

2 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

My apologies, I was trying to get into character 😉.  It roughly translates as 'I still plan to try this as German unless this is not a good idea?'.

Ah, OK. Thanks for explaining. I was scratching my bonce trying to think what your comment had to do with my previous one, about my new mod.

I vaguely remember from six years back, that playing as the Germans was a lot of fun. Although just taking a look at my result, I think that some players might find it a bit too easy.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

38 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I was scratching my bonce trying to think what your comment had to do with my previous one

I can imagine, my fault entirely.  Thanks for the info on your playthrough - of course I may or may not be one of those players who find it too easy, but 'a lot of fun' sounds good to me.