The usual licensing issues

Hi,

I am going on a trip and I want to put Golobal Conflict Gold on my laptop.

I already have it on two pc's at home. So... I unlicensed Global Conflict and I unlicensed Global Conflict Gold on one of my PC's at home.

I installed Global COnflict, the patch and Global Conflict Gold on my laptop.

I launched Global conficlt and it asked me to licenses it. I put in my number and whola, it worked. I closed the program.

I then launceh Global Conflict gold and it asked me for the license key. I put in my key for Gold and I get an error "Unable to get or install a license--Retrieval of license failed with error code = -12"

Any ideas on how I can get this to work. I won't even editorialize about how much I detest these licenses.

Error -12 has nothing to do with the licensing itself, or you unlicensing. It's a communication error on your PC with the licensing server. Usually due to a proxy or firewall interfering with the encrypted 2-way communication that is needed.

If you don't know how to adjust your Proxy (click the "Proxy..." button in the licensing window), then you can use the Manual Licensing procedure as well as a workaround (click that button, then follow the on-screen instructions).

Martin

I appreciate your reply but this is impossible to figure out.

Why did Global Conflict license without a hitch and now when I try to license Gold I get the error message?

But that aside I went to the license screen and clicked on "get offline License".

I read the instructions and step #1 is "Save license request to file" I clicked on that 10 minutes ago and there is still an hourglass symbol in place of the mouse cursor and nothing is happening.

Why do you do this to paying customers?

I bought the game and I can't play it. You have no idea how aggravating this is.

yolo911, I don't know why you have a problem with one game and not the other to be honest.

The offline procedure is not as simple as the one-click online procedure, but it's not complicated. Looks like your PC has more issues, if it can't even save the license file. You can work around that step by selecting the entire license request step manually (Ctrl-A).

Martin

it is a new expensive laptop provided by the agency. There isn't anything wrong with it.

I am not unfamiliar with computers. I maintain the ones at the 911 agency. We just virtualized 16 servers down to three servers and did Equalogic storage, complicated backup procedures, made Outlook work on VMware, etc.

But I have no idea what I am trying to do with this license. What file am I trying to copy and send to you?

The instructions in the licensing window consist of a few very simple steps. You generate a license request, copy it over to license.net, get a response, and copy that back into your game. You do not need to be a server expert to do this. You can also find detailed instructions for manual licensing under the Knowledgebase/"eLicense" category of our www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

I am doing everything in my power not to unload on you. SO..

I appreciate your help but nothing is working. I went to the help site but it tells me nothing.

WHAT is the name of the file I am suppose to copy and send to you and what is the name of the folder it is in?

I have shut off all protection to my laptop.

I click on get offline license and the computer freezes. I have to go to task manager to end the process.

If you can't get my game to work because of this license routine then what do I do?

I have no time or patience for this kind of petty horse****. But I do have plenty of money. If I buy another download of Gold and unistall the original and install the new download, will the damn thing get a license so I can use it?

I appoligize for my last post.

I like your games and enjoy them very much.

I have been on the receiving end of helpdesk inquiries for 35 years and I don't appreciate it when jerks(me) get irate.

I will figure this out for myself.

Thanks again and I'm sorry for my attitude.

Yolo, as a person with "plenty of money", I feel your pain.:D Be patient, back off, take a deep breath and collect yourself, this can be resolved. Go to page 6 of the threads and examine "License intalling problems" thread(yes, no "s") by CSS, this should help orient you. Martin, ala "Moon" can be a bit defensive and a little impatient with us mentally challenged folks, but he has a good heart and really wants to help. He's just on a unique level other than ourselves, and he's had to put up with a plethora of BS from us battlefront people for over a decade. That in itself should have put him in the "Cookoo's Nest", but he has persevered and you should too, you will be rewarded.

Endeavor to persevere, for everything else....there is MasterCard!:P