Colours

BTS

I'm very happy with how the snow landscape looks! But I'm not sure about the green landscape, the shade of green is extremely pukey looking. Its got that typical PC game green like in the Panzer Elite public beta look about it. I hope you change to a more asthetic shade.

Being an artist, it irritates me more I guess

smile.gif

CCj

Guest Big Time Software

Don't know what you mean, actually smile.gif Looks fine to me. Perhaps being an Aussie you aren't used to rolling grassy hills? wink.gif Could also be JPG compression too, as there are small swaths of brown and other non-green colors.

In any case we aren't going to change them either. We did have a professional artist do them once, so doing them twice isn't going to happen. Those guys charge money smile.gif Plus, we like the way they look.

Steve

actually there are rolling greeny hills here, mainly in farmy areas smile.gif Basicly I think its a shade too dark or something like that. If its just a texture, then maybe I can just tweak the gama a bit on the texture file when I get the game, would this be possible?

Ahhh I love having Saving Private Ryan playing continously in the background! wink.gif Its like meditation music wink.gif hehh the cacaphony of gunfire makes my day....

CCj

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 09-10-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

There are several shades to show elevation. Lower ones are darker, higher ones are lighter. I forgot to mention that. So when you think it looks too dark, it is probably low elevation. Too light will be upper elevations. Not realistic, but neither is a dynamic lighting model, so we are stuck with what we got smile.gif

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

" Perhaps being an Aussie you aren't used to rolling grassy hills? "

LOL Steve, aint that the truth smile.gif Mostly it is yellow or gold, but like CoolColJ we do have *some* green areas. Where I am we have a lot of tropical rain forest, and thats pretty darn green, hehehe.

Anyways, its coming up to summer, so soon a good chunk of it will probably be black smile.gif

CoolColJ it might just be mainly due to compression.

I'm doing screenshots against a summer backdrop in CM and the ground I see in-game looks very little like what I'm seeing in the JPEGs..

The JPEGs look much cruder and more "sickly green" if you follow me...

I'm happy with the colours in-game but NOT happy with the colours in the screenshots so I think the "curse of the jpeg" strikes again wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Hey Fionn, try doing some screen shots in .bmp format.

They tend to be big but the quality is usually

quite nice. I'd like to see a couple .bmp's in the AAR's.

Just for comparison's sake. You can get .bmp's easy

by using the "print scrn" key and pasting that image

into your graphics software and saving the file.

I think most of the people reading the reports want

the best quality pictures possible, regardless of size

(as you have mentioned they keep telling you). So,

don't worry yourself about the file size. smile.gif