Brothers in Arms

Arnoldio

Is anybody here that is also a fan of the series?

I keep replaying those games over and over (I do it atleast once yearly) just because they are so good. I mean, as far as singleplayer ww2 games go, this series is the best in my opinion. CoD2 has good moments, nice tight story and that battle feeling. BiA however has more of that "I want to go back home to my wife and kids, but ill do my best while im here". And it just gets worse and worse. When i finish it on some reasonable difficulty, I always have a pokerface. "I've been through some serious **** right now and some of the people i lead have died..."

Whoever is a fan of WW2 games, this is a must to play, Road to hill 30, Earned in blood and Hell's Highway are the three games in that order.

HH was a little bit of a let down. The early gameplay videos showed real indepth play, complicated AI but the watered and dumbed it down to simple stuff that all the new CoD fanboys can comprehend so it leaves a lot to be desired...

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree about Hell's Highway. They went off the historical track with that one. There was hardly any fighting in Eindhoven yet they made it seem like some monumental struggle for the city. I never even finished it. I was always pissed that you could never go prone. Unlimited ammo is a little hard to swallow too.

The things I always liked about the series was that the firefights felt real, more so than in CoD. Firing a rifle isn't just point and shoot with perfect accuracy, the rifle sway gave it some realistic cred. Suppression was done well too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Arnoldio,

Played it on X-Box a few times in split screen firefights and watched my friend play the campaign game. Very impressive, but with poor infantry positioning logic, stupid visibility rules and elite airborne unable to get over a simple wall. Loved the historical research that went into it!

Regards,

John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the series too, but only the first two parts of the saga. Hell's Highway was a big disappointment for me. Too easy (third person cover camera, over the top accuracy of player weapons) and too "consolish" feel. And the 4th instalment? I wouldn't even touch it with a ten foot pole.

I highly recommend Rendroc's WarZone mod to be used with RtH30 and EiB! It rocks! Especially with Hollywood FX enabled. :)