1.10 Demo - Where did all the Craters Go?

60mm mortars never make craters. I've tried using them for the dispersion tests but after the smoke clears the grass is still green.

I'm pretty sure that they sometimes do - but, not every time, and the craters are really small. All I got from a few minute point strike was four or so craters in the target area, and I had to really zoom in to see them properly. It's easy to miss them, and there's also a chance that a strike does not produce any.

The 60mm craters only appear when the mortar shell has fallen into a hole in the ground, such as gopher hole, fox den, rabbit warren, mole hill, etc. The complex underground network of small mammilian tunnels is completely simulated in every map. (BTW, this is why the loading screen hangs at 29%. It is well known that this is "the tunneling effect" oft spoken of by physicists.)

Obviously, the crater only occurs if the fuze itself hits within the hole. This is rare, but not impossible.

(Tongue in cheek. :) )

Ken

The 60mm craters only appear when the mortar shell has fallen into a hole in the ground, such as gopher hole, fox den, rabbit warren, mole hill, etc. The complex underground network of small mammilian tunnels is completely simulated in every map. (BTW, this is why the loading screen hangs at 29%. It is well known that this is "the tunneling effect" oft spoken of by physicists.)

Obviously, the crater only occurs if the fuze itself hits within the hole. This is rare, but not impossible.

Ken

You left out Hobbit holes...very useful for finding lost ammo and weapons... but the hobbits may be enemy hobbits so be cautious on approach

Ken

do you know what?? i am so pleased someone else,s screen hangs at 29%, thiught it was just me!! :)