bull**** system

Ok....you lowered the price for the NATO module and I bought it. It wasw the only module I hadn't bought for Shockforce.....after installing it when I start CM Shockforce it wants licenses for everything....It seems I can run everything except the marine module....it says the licenses are expired or been used up or some such crap, although I've not installed on anything else....tell me how to fix your bull**** system or refund my money.....

Ok I just retried it....Now the British module doesn't work either....it says the licenses are expired....does this mean you want me to buy the games again? Bull****....why would the licenses be expired? Is there a time limit...this is such crap. You don't advertise a time limit on the games, so what is this ****? This really pisses me off....I don't run into this kind of crap with any other games and believe me I buy a lot of games. You have just lost a customer if I don't hear from you very soon. Your paranoia is really frustrating. Most of the time when I try to access this site when my interntet access is via my air card I get blocked...that is bull**** too. I only have these problems with your site....which means you have a really ****ed up site.....

I'm not trying to redownload anything. These modules were working fine....I then purchased the NATO module and now the British and Marine modules dont' work....I get the error 11 message and it says the licenses have expired....now....it asks for licenses and they are pre-entered....if the are the right licenses I don't know.....I bought the modules having a problem with other computers that are dead now. I did have them working on this computer though....so where are the licenses? Is there a file with them? This is such crap having to mess with this. I buy ...literally hundreds of games.....and I have not had this kind of bull**** problem except with this game. Again....I'm not trying to download anything....these modules were installed and activated until I bought the NATO module and now they don't work. This is crap....and ....well, very customer unfriendly.

You'll get a much quicker answer by actually contacting BFC's support (after all, it's their job to help you with those issues) rather than complaining here... AFAIK, BFC are usually quick to answer support requests. If your key doesn't work for some reason, they're the only ones who can issue you a new key, for instance...

As for the DRMs... IMO, any kind of DRM is always a big pain in the ass at one point or another, and the ones used by BFC aren't much worse than many others on the market. I hate DRMs in general, but sadly, very few game publishers are willing to avoid them, so I wouldn't hold it against BFC specifically.

Mesquite55, as I mentioned to you in the helpdesk, you need to tone down your language a LOT. You are dealing with real people here, and your ticket in the helpdesk is even more hard to read than your posts here between all the swearing. Swearing will, in fact, ban you from access to our helpdesk altogether.

Now, I can only hardly make out what you are trying to say, but if you stop cursing and take a moment to read instructions, such as the Knowledgebase article about installing CMSF modules (the order in which you do it counts!), then you will most likely find the solution to your problem. If not, submit a ticket without cursing, and we'll help you out.

Martin

Well, after a few suggestions not working I got one that did. The solution seemed to be to run the game as administrator after installing the NATO module. I apologise for the cursing. That was due to having quite a bit to drink last night and then running into this problem. I was helped and the problem was solved. Thank you for that.

• 3 weeks later...

It really shouldn't be necessary to run any game as Admin. I can just about see some arguments for installing them as Admin because of the DRM (although that annoys me greatly, too), but running is absurd. IMNSHO it defeats the point of having different tiers of users. Sadly, it seems to be the case with many games. (I've got one of the kids' games in mind here: it simply won't work on a limited account.)

• 3 weeks later...