If I purchase CMBN shoud I expect any support?

At this time, I am not going to purchase this game, even though it looks pretty good.

If Windows comes up with another version in the next few years, will BFC provide patches to upgrade or simply say "to bad, but you can buy one"?

They even have a DRM for the patch that you have to purchase instead of giving it to you for free.

Oh, well, there are probably some other, better, companies out there to do business with.

At this time, I am not going to purchase this game, even though it looks pretty good.

If Windows comes up with another version in the next few years, will BFC provide patches to upgrade or simply say "to bad, but you can buy one"?

They even have a DRM for the patch that you have to purchase instead of giving it to you for free.

Oh, well, there are probably some other, better, companies out there to do business with.

What DRM patch are you talking about?

Do you often have these random conversations aloud? It started with a question and yet you seemed to have the answer already however flawed your reasoning. The stand alone patch will be free. You could also buy the MAC version..... but no you are right there probably are better companies out there..I hear Kiva is really nice. Have a nice day. Let me know if any of those better companies actually have a decent game.

Wait a minute. It says above your post that you have been a member here since 2000, and you do not know the answers to these questions you are asking?

Are Battlefront not the same company that gave us a Windows Vista upgrade for the old CMx1 games? What makes you think they will not provide the same support for Shock Force and Battle for Normandy?

Isn't Battlefront also a company that is here on the forums every day, listening to people complain; and yet find ways to constantly improve their product with both their own ideas, but also the ideas of people here on the forums?

If you think there are better companies than Battlefront, then go shop at those companies. Delete your account here on the forums, and go post in their forums instead.

I find it amazing that your first post here in a year is nothing but a complaint. Do you not have something constructive to add to your post?

Good Day Sir

Stormbringer: Getting bored in OK City? A quick Update for you: You already own CMBN... check here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99152

But really not trying bust your chops. I read your other post and I think you're just concerned about BFC's willingness to update older games like CMx1. I believe they not only have (yes, with a nominal fee) but also indicated they would continue the same with their latest titles. By the way: I had a great time at the Calif CMBB Preview like you did in TX... old days, some so sweet. Hope you are enjoying CMBN

I assume that this is not meant as a serious post, rather as a hidden attempt to troll (hence the infraction). Here are my responses (equally un-serious) to the questions raised:

Yes, it does.

We are going to continue free unpaid support for all versions of Windows, including 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14. After that, Microsoft is going to change the numbering of new Windows OS to Roman literals, and we will continue support for Windows XV, XVI, XVII and XVIII.

You are referring to the $1 upgrade for the now defunct becuase unsupported Paradox retail version of CMSF, I assume? That $1 upgrade changes your version of the game to the native Battlefront version, allowing you to patch your game to the latest release despite the lack of Paradox support. This is a clever marketing ploy of ours to suck you dry of money, and we have been trying to build a new Battlefront castle for our employees out of 1 dollar bills out of this. We're almost there!!!

Yes, lots. None that makes Combat Mission Battle for Normandy though.

Martin

Wait a minute. It says above your post that you have been a member here since 2000, and you do not know the answers to these questions you are asking?

I honestly think he doesn't. When someone has a hair across their posterior, knowledge only complicates things. Facts are much easier to ignore when they aren't known in the first place.

I find it amazing that your first post here in a year is nothing but a complaint. Do you not have something constructive to add to your post?

Probably not. People that want to be constructive don't tend to come out swinging.

I see Moon has already given an infraction, so I guess I'll just lock it up.

Steve