Japanese Army Mods

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is with this is that it will only look like the PTO. The engine still remains ETO. In essence it is US Army wearing USMC uniforms, and Germans wearing Japanese uniforms. The order of battle, and weapons specific to PTO will not be able to be achieved since that is beyond modding. It looks good though, and if Battlefront did do a CM game in the PTO I would be interested in playing it.

Also, as for the unit icons I would simplify them by using sold colors like the other CM icons. They look stylish with the rising sun background, but it looks too busy, and hard to see the unit type Silhouette. I would just go with red/ black color scheme for practical reasons to see them more clearly.

First Rule (of the thread): Don't whine about Fight Club, err, BFC lack of official interest in CM:PTO!

The modders are doing wonderful work here! I like the ersatz plantation house on stilts with verandah.

And Brits (not Germans) make a reasonable if incomplete stand-in for IJA.

As for voices, I found a "Banzai!" wav out there, but it has a nasty feedback glitch at the end of it that I haven't been able to remove.

The modders are doing wonderful work here! I like the ersatz plantation house on stilts with verandah.

And Brits (not Germans) make a reasonable if incomplete stand-in for IJA.

As for voices, I found a "Banzai!" wav out there, but it has a nasty feedback glitch at the end of it that I haven't been able to remove.

My apologies for glancing over the thread text and concentrating mainly on the screen shots.

If your using British for IJA then I think this will have its own unique feel for the battles all be it with limitations. I agree the modders are doing some very nice work here that will make it feel different even though at its core it is essentially blue vs. blue. I think getting the Japanese voices will definitely help with the illusion of PTO. “Banzai old chap!” just wouldn’t do it.

I downloaded this but regrettably it doesn't help you much if you don't bring a baseline of sound editing skills. I've been able to tweak the speed of the "Banzai!" so it sounds like different voices, but can't isolate or filter that noise at the end.

Strangely, nearly all Japanese available in wav files seems to be women.

I have been able to shorten wav or ogg files to chop off unwanted sound. I used the Banzai ogg file from the old game Rising Sun for a wav mod to Battle Academy.

I can try to do a file for you. Send me what you have or I can send you mine.

ok made my first version of the sound mod. it includes a background sound and voice files for british to japanese conversion. i did not change disembark and embark sounds plus arti and air support request is english as well. if you want to try it out here is the link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/sounds.zip

i will upload it to the repository when the japanese textures and faces are released

I will soon be releasing what i have done in parts. I still need to get rid of the sten in game.

I have about 17 different faces, 11 different helmets and about 12 different uniforms. Changes to the gear, boots etc. Files that change the lee enfield to the kar98k. When i release these feel free to work on and improve these as i am no expert on modding. They use files from the british and germans and should be removed from your z folder when your not using them so they wont interfere with your regular game. Make a file named japanese army mods or something and keep all the different parts of this mod in it as it will make it easier to move in and out of your z folder.

I will also soon be releasing mod Files for the USMC Soldiers.

222a2.jpg

222a1.jpg

great just downloaded and tried out i have to say: wow

here i want to share my japanese names file (thank you wikipedia)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/soldier%20names%20british.txt

i will work on ranks next (thank you wikipedia again)

edit: and here come the ranks (thank you irfanview batch-conversion)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/japanese%20ranks.zip

@coondog

i just found out that you replaced the sten with the bren. maybe it is not a bad idea but the stenbren uses 9mm ammo and i guess it is still a sten with a bren visual. so i for myself will remove this part of the mod because the japanase had a submachine gun looking similar to the sten - the type 100 submachine gun.

great just downloaded and tried out i have to say: wow

here i want to share my japanese names file (thank you wikipedia)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/soldier%20names%20british.txt

i will work on ranks next (thank you wikipedia again)

edit: and here come the ranks (thank you irfanview batch-conversion)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/japanese%20ranks.zip

@coondog

i just found out that you replaced the sten with the bren. maybe it is not a bad idea but the stenbren uses 9mm ammo and i guess it is still a sten with a bren visual. so i for myself will remove this part of the mod because the japanase had a submachine gun looking similar to the sten - the type 100 submachine gun.

permanent666, Feel free to modify and improve on any files you see fit, that's what they're there for to get things rolling.

just posted the first version of the imperial japanese army supplement mod in the repository. if you cannot wait here is the dropbox link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66690360/Imperial%20Japanese%20Army%20Mod%20supplement.zip

i will remove the old files from my dropbox.

the mod includes:

names

ranks

icons

a portrait

and soldier sounds

the soundmod got an update - it is louder now and you will hear banzai more often. so anyone who downloaded the first version feel free to upgrade

the portrait is inspired by mords portrait mods