Japanese Army Mods

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coon dog, that's looking real good!

By the way, if you're interested, I made Asian faces for my divisional patches mod (100th Batt/442nd RCT at CMMODS and in the Repository--or I can send it to you). They are only a color/desaturation of regular game skins, but might work OK for using in your WIP screens.

Coon dog, that's looking real good!

By the way, if you're interested, I made Asian faces for my divisional patches mod (100th Batt/442nd RCT at CMMODS and in the Repository--or I can send it to you). They are only a color/desaturation of regular game skins, but might work OK for using in your WIP screens.

Thanks mjkerner, just got it downloaded. The asian faces will definitely come in handy

Nice work, CoonDog! Thanks for pushing this forward. Still no joy, alas, on the model swapping that would let us use the German trousers and jackboots (puttees) in place of the British gaiters.

Instead of the regular British infantry, have you tried using the Airborne troops? Their tunics cover the hips, in a more Japanese cut. Also, a strap diagonally across the front appears to be fairly standard.

As for the faces, I think we're stuck with the Caucasian wireframes. What can be done is to use colour to minimize the visual impact of the nose. Although a couple of these kids don't have "classic" tiny Asian noses.

tumblr_lpn8mm8dFl1qmg4kbo1_500.jpg

Nice job you guys, bringing the dream to life so quickly!

One suggestion: since Angaur was fought in temps of >40deg C and 98% humidity, massive sweatstains on the uniforms would seem appropriate; hell, maybe just soak them through. Also, I'd guess both sides' troops would be Unfit, at least for daytime actions, for the same reasons.

So is Peleliu next????

Skull_and_danger_sign_on_Peleliu.jpg

(Hmm, I wonder if this marker contravenes the Geneva Convention? I guess only if Marines were posing next to it)

I also started some USMC in progress after seeing this thread:

One question, I mixed in some guys with green pants instead of camo for variety, was that actually common or should I scrap that? Also... white undershirts?

th_CMNormandy2012-04-1901-38-26-42.jpg

th_CMNormandy2012-04-1901-36-07-94.jpg

Sweaty just for LongLeftFlank (not great atm, still working on it)

th_CMNormandy2012-04-1901-44-17-48.jpg

th_CMNormandy2012-04-1901-43-17-84.jpg

th_CMNormandy2012-04-1901-46-14-35.jpg

It's looking good, although your camo looks a bit large. Shrinking it down might be a quick and easy fix.

My other thought is did they mix the tan and green in the same environment? I got the impression that you'd want to make tan and green separate addons for different enviroments.

Going from memory of my CMAK mods, before Pearl Harbor the US military had been trimmed down to bare minimum after WWI. Marines in the Pacific had tan denim work uniforms. I don't recall exactly when the tan camo was developed. BFC Steve used to have a webpage here of his uniform collection that gave a lot of info.

After Pearl, the warehouses were cleared of all the tan gear and new stuff was sage green, not the olive of the army. There was a lot of mixing because of supply logistics. New recruits got the green and old timers had the tan. Replacement items were whatever they had or could scrounge.