Japanese Army Mods

LongLeftFlank,

Here's the latest. APG's a complete bust, with the collection being split up and sent to other places and part of it in a new museum.

I spoke to Weapon Curator, Jeff Read, at the U.S. Army Infantry Museum, just outside Ft. Benning. No such weapon there and no data. Weird, considering it was most definitely an infantry weapon and a common one at that. He referred me to the Field Artillery Museum at Ft. Sill.

There, I spoke to Gordon Blaker. He said his museum didn't have one, indicated that much information you'd think would be routine is nowhere nearly as common on the Internet as people think, and was in no way surprised I hadn't found what I was looking for. He did opine, though, that he saw no fundamental difficulty in shooting over a 20 meter high tree while sited 40 meters behind it.

He agreed with me that I was going after the appropriate data to resolve the issues. He suggested I contact Lovett Artillery (WW I arty collectors with major connections) and the Archivist of the Fire School Library at Ft. Sill. Am working these two items presently, but the Archivist was cced on the note I got from Gordon Blaker.

If the above don't work, I shall be contacting the Technical Museum in Koblenz!

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLF,

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short on this, but I'd go with option 1.

Just my .02 cents.

So I went to download your Makin Atoll but I didn't see anything there as far as rating went. Hell, I'll give you as many stars as I can for all this work.

I hope you re-visit the Buna scenario in the future. One of my fav PTO

theatres....there just isn't anything else for us PTO buffs....and this is really good stuff. I'd like to thank you for doing this and hope to see more from you in the future. Don't let the idiots get you down.

Best Regards.

• 5 years later...
On 4/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, LongLeftFlank said:

"That was another rabbit, long ago."

Sorry mate, my aging memory banks have been overwritten by 5 years of work related technical and financial mumbo jumbo, plus the retirement of all but one of my old CM computers. Can't help you.

No worries, I'll figure it out.