Multi country diplomacy

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Resurrecting an old thread to ask a follow up question. What are the mechanics for calculating the chance(s) of success when multiple countries invest in diplomacy? If, for example, Germany invests 4 chits and Japan 3 chits in courting Spain is the chance of success cumulative? Or does each country get an individual roll to affect relations? I have tried this approach before and seen that when a diplomatic shift is effected it is the country with the most chits invested that spends a chit to precipitate this. So I guess it is a cumulative effect. However, I can't find a definitive answer in the manual so I would appreciate one from one of you noble Gurus!

Regards.

Hi Ziploc,

- I always understood it as cumulative given how it is in the diplomacy window:

(25+40+9+6 = 80% chance each turn to get the target country swing in your favor)

But you'll have to wait for noble Gurus about underlying game mechanics :P .

- About the country losing the chit, I wonder if it's the one who has the most of them or the one that will have the target minor under control ? Or maybe just random ?

Diplomacy.jpg

Hi Strategiclayabout,

I suspect the chances of influences are cumulative as well but I am not 100% certain. As for who spends a chit when influence is gained from what I remember it's the country with the most invested irrespective of the potential allegiance of the minor affected. All this effort to make friends, at least with declaring war you know where you are!