Combat predictions...2nd and 3rd lines?

I have looked all through the forums, and perhaps i have missed it, but i have failed to find a proper explanation of the combat details icons and abreviations that appear when you scroll over a potential target. For instance:

Atkr=2 Dfdr=1

+45%(-35%)

SA=5 SD=4(+4DB)

There is also a little tank icon and a river icon. Ok, I have been playing this game for a while now knowing that the top line of the combat predictions are really the ones that matter, predicting losses for both attacker and defender. What exactly are the 2nd and 3rd lines telling me? I understand what the river icon means, but the tank?

I am sorry if these questions have already been explained, and thank you for your help!

I have looked all through the forums, and perhaps i have missed it, but i have failed to find a proper explanation of the combat details icons and abreviations that appear when you scroll over a potential target. For instance:

Atkr=2 Dfdr=1

+45%(-35%)

SA=5 SD=4(+4DB)

There is also a little tank icon and a river icon. Ok, I have been playing this game for a while now knowing that the top line of the combat predictions are really the ones that matter, predicting losses for both attacker and defender. What exactly are the 2nd and 3rd lines telling me? I understand what the river icon means, but the tank?

I am sorry if these questions have already been explained, and thank you for your help!

I have wondered this for quite a while also :)

Cheers

The Tank simbol, as far as i know, is a unit with 100% capacity to strike, in other words, a unit that did not moved and now is atacking.

The river, is a river, you are atacking crossing one :)

SA=5 (Soft Atk=5)-Your unit

SD=4 (Soft Defense=4)-enemy unit

(+4DB) I think it's terrain defense, like trenchs and mountains, I think it's translate like (Defense Base=4)-also enemy unit

Now this: +45%(-35%), I have no fuc*ing idea :P

Hi Snowbart

Kommandant has most of it right. The tank symbol denotes that a Prepared Attack is being launched, i.e. attacking before moving, for which there is a 45% bonus.

The -35% is the penalty for attacking across a river, so in the example stated, overall the unit has a 10% bonus in its attack. If it weren't for the river, it would have been 45%.

I hope that makes sense, and yes, the top one is the most important. :)

Bill

Thanks everyone and esp Bill for their reply! Fantastic game!!

That was just the 1st example i came across when starting this thread....are there any other abreviations that might appear and if so, could you please decifer them as you have done so above?